Question No BIOS until Windows Login

Apr 29, 2019
Hello I just built a PC for me to use for my business and light gaming then purchase the graphics card later (that's besides the point) and the computer turns on but cannot go to bios or anything it is a black screen then white circle loading dots then windows login screen. I thought the Dell monitor I purchased was faulty so I went and returned it for an Acer Monitor and the issue is still persisting. When I plug it into my TCL 39" TV it loads right and the BIOS no issues.

Troubleshooting already performed: New monitor, Pulled battery out of motherboard, unplugged and replugged everything (yep they're tight) bios has latest version along with windows and all the other drivers.

Specs
AMD Ryzen 3 2200G CPU
Rosewill Lepton 500W PSU
DDR4 Viper 8GB 3000MHz RAM
Kingston A400 SSD
MSI b450 Tomahawk Motherboard

Any advice would be very helpful.

btmack

Commendable
Aug 27, 2016
When you're not getting a signal on the monitors, are they cycling through different inputs checking for signals?

For example, if I reboot my PC the monitor will think the HDMI signal is gone and check DVI, then move to VGA, then back to HDMI (auto cycling through each input until it finds something). By the time it checks for a signal on HDMI again Windows is already loading. So, if I need to enter the BIOS I still press DEL after the screen has gone blank, and when the monitor refreshes the HDMI signal I can see the BIOS fine.

If this is the issue, your TV doesn't experience it probably because it doesn't cycle through different inputs checking for a signal.

Try pressing F2 or DEL (whichever required by your motherboard) when booting the PC with either monitor attached, to see if you can enter the BIOS and get picture on the monitor.

(Perhaps I am misunderstanding your issue.)

Reactions: Sumwhitedood
Apr 29, 2019
So I’m gonna try and explain this better but simple. There is normally a black screen that has white letters and tells you what to press to get to bios which is del when plugged into tv it shows when plugged into 4 different monitors it doesn’t . I’m using integrated graphics btw the monitor has already detected just is black screen but lit up you can tell it’s on but not showing the screen for some reason also when I hit del it doesn’t boot to bios it’s like when plugged into the monitor it totally skips that option

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
There's a setting in bios to skip visually showing the bios screen, and not show anything until windows loads. By default settings, that is not enabled.
Bios enable changes from manufacturer to mobo, but most usually spamming Delete, F1, F2 or F12 should get you into bios. Push come to shove, resetting bios by pulling the battery for 30 seconds should reset to factory optimized default settings and disable that switch.

Apr 29, 2019
I have already pulled battery and it did nothing.. The issue is that the BIOS shows normal when plugged into my TV just not my monitor and ive tried a few different monitors so im not sure whats going on

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Just that one monitor? Or every monitor you try? Are the connections the same? Use hdmi? DisplayPort? Dvi? What's used on the TV?

We can't read minds or tell what you've done or not done, info is vital. You've gone from a maybe issue with the pc and/or bios to a possible issue with one port on the gpu or a possible issue with your monitor or a possible issue with that one port on the monitor.

The issue is that the BIOS shows normal when plugged into my TV just not my monitor and ive tried a few different monitors

Last edited:

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
All the same monitor? Or different? Do the monitors have loadable software? Are they set on hdmi input or do they have to search automatically for it?
When an HDMI component wakes up it looks for the "handshake" of devices connected to it. If the devices, TV, receiver, and/or the cable don't quite meet HDMI specs it can make you crazy. A different cable might help, there were older cables not compliant with newer hdmi bandwidth, which can slow down the handshake. Also it could be a driver issue if you have not installed all the motherboard chipset drivers, only using the windows native drivers, which are very generic.

TRENDING THREADS