No bios when booting up skips straight to windows screen

AzziGames

Reputable
Sep 15, 2014
it took me awhile to realise that i wasn't getting the msi bios screen before loading windows 10 i checked what mode my bios is and its legacy my motherboard is a Z97 Pc mate and im sure should be uefi? could someone solve this because what about if i want to get a new CPU i cant even get into the bios, Thanks

Solution
I do hate it when Advanced Startup doesn't have the options I suggest.

Have you tried holding in the del key in while restarting Windows? Might need to tap it. With Fast startup turned on in Win 10, the only time PC is actually off is during a restart

MSI additionally provides two methods to enter the BIOS setup. You can click the “GO2BIOS” tab on “MSI Fast Boot” utility screen or press the physical “GO2BIOS" button (optional) on the motherboard to enable the system going to BIOS setup directly at next boot.

Go to the utility page here - https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/Z97-PC-Mate#down-driver&Win10%2064 - and download Fast Boot (unless you have it already) as you can use it to get into bios via the Go2BIOS button in app.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Does it show up if you do a restart?

Its got a UEFI bios running in legacy boot mode, that is fairly normal. Don't change this or PC won't boot.

I expected you were in fast boot mode but I can't see that in your motherboard manual

You are likely to able to get into bios via advanced startup in Windows 10
go to settings/update & security/recovery
Under Advanced Startup, click restart now button

this restarts PC is advanced startup
Click troubleshoot
Click Advanced
Click UEFI Firmware settings
This should load you into bios once PC restarts

I would look on the Boot tab and set Full Screen Logo to disabled & enable GO2BIOS - Enables or disables the system to power on and go to the BIOS setup directly by long pressing the power button about 4 seconds when the system is off.

Colif

Win 11 Master
I do hate it when Advanced Startup doesn't have the options I suggest.

Have you tried holding in the del key in while restarting Windows? Might need to tap it. With Fast startup turned on in Win 10, the only time PC is actually off is during a restart

MSI additionally provides two methods to enter the BIOS setup. You can click the “GO2BIOS” tab on “MSI Fast Boot” utility screen or press the physical “GO2BIOS" button (optional) on the motherboard to enable the system going to BIOS setup directly at next boot.

Go to the utility page here - https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/Z97-PC-Mate#down-driver&Win10%2064 - and download Fast Boot (unless you have it already) as you can use it to get into bios via the Go2BIOS button in app.

Solution