Question No boot, bad mobo?

Jun 1, 2019
Alrighty folks. I’ve got a build that is not booting to bios.

I’ve got the following setup
Corsair vs550 plugged into mobo on 2 spots

Gigabyte ga 970a ds3p
3-5 years old) could this be a problem?

Radeon220 ddr3 video cars.

I push the on button and the optical drive does stuff and both the cpu fan and case fan turn on. I’ve used multiple monitors and swapped ram. I’ve read the instructions and tried the GeForce 710 gpu also.

I’ve also read the no boot faq.

I’m mixing an old cpu amd Fx6300 and old board with new stuff. In the instructions it says motherboard needs a bios update to work for the fx series but it clearly states that it is compatible from F1 bios onwards which was the OG bios. So that message makes no sense to me.

I’m tempted to chuck the mobo and bios to get a new one. But can I find a new ish mobo that also works with ddr3? I just bought the 16gb of ram.🙃

Any troubleshooting help is appreciated!

Jun 2, 2019
Lol we have similar problems. I got mine to boot by reverting the parts back to before the upgrade and removing cmos battery, using onboard graphics, going single stick and pulling out sata cables one-by-one. If your pc boots, you can go on your mobo's official site and get the version you want (preferably try flashing it). I haven't gone to getting the upgraded parts to work tho. For some reason, even my old cpu wont boot now after putting the new one after the BIOS update. I guess switching up parts isn't exactly like lego ://

Jun 1, 2019
I don’t have another cpu. It’s a pita to get one just to update bios so that it will work. I just ordered all new stuff cause it’s outdated anyways. This should work. Ddr4 ram should be better also