Question No boot, cpu error led is on...

Aug 6, 2019
Dear all, I have upgraded my PC but it does not boot. Nothing on the screen and the mb's cpu error led is on... but all the fans are running and the circle red light of the cpu's fan is functionning...

This is my config :
  • MB Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro (new)
  • CPU Ryzen 7 2700 (new)
  • GPU Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2060 (new)
  • DDR4 2x 8Gb 3200MHz Vengeance LPX (new)
  • PSU Corsair CX600M (old)

I have check everthing a couple of times. CPU is well inserted, fan is tightly secured.

What could be the issue?

Thanks for your help.

Aug 6, 2019
Did the PSU work with the old build?
Thanks for the quick reply!
My old build was not functioning anymore, no boot as well. I suspected a problem with the mb... As this build was more than 6 years old and started to be slow for gaming and video editing I did not further investigating. I decided to buy new mb, cpu and gpu...
A problem with the PSU could be the issue but I have checked with a multimeter and there is 12v, 5v, 3.3v and moreover the fans are running. How could I be sure the PSU is OK knowing I don't have a spare one to test my build?
Do you think CPU error led on could be related with the PSU?
Thx

Aug 6, 2019
No problem. CPU, Motherboard, or power supply. Hard to say which one, without spare parts, Since under warranty, you can try returning both board and CPU, to be replaced,

According to what I said, could the problem come from the PSU knowing my previous build did not boot, but fans were running (and are running in the current build) ?