No boot device found suddenly

TripleiMikey98

Reputable
Jan 17, 2016
Was running fine, then I opened it up to hook my hue plus back up and when I turned it on it couldn't find a boot device? I made sure all the connections we're good and still no luck, so I hooked up my USB with win10 and it still won't find any boot devices. So I went into my BIOS and noticed its picking up my SSD and the USB but not the 2 HDD (which one has windows on) so I forced it to boot from USB but it just black screened after loading for afew seconds.
I've un plugged the hue plus and tried everything still no luck any ideas or suggestions I'm probably going to just say f*** it and tear the thing apart but I'd rather not have to..

Both HDDs are 1tbWestern Digital blue
SSD: SanDisk 250gb
Mobo: Gigabyte B85HD3

Solution
Western Digital Blue drives are infamous for sudden head/media damage. If you value the data on the drive, seek professional data recovery services. Otherwise, replace the drive and set it aside just in case you want to deal with it in the future.

DR_Luke

Honorable
Dec 1, 2016
Western Digital Blue drives are infamous for sudden head/media damage. If you value the data on the drive, seek professional data recovery services. Otherwise, replace the drive and set it aside just in case you want to deal with it in the future.

Solution