no boot disk has been detected or the disk has failed.

Henrythe5

Commendable
Aug 21, 2016
"checking media presence...media present... start PXE over IPv4"
for about a minute and then
"checking media presence...media present... start PXE over IPv6"
Then I get Error code - No boot disk has been detected or the disk has failed.
And when I press any key on the keyboard the the above error continues.

What should I do next to fix this issue?

Solution
Your machine is trying to do a remote boot over the network. Assuming yours is a discrete machine and you don't want to boot from network resources, go into BIOS and disable 'Network Boot'. If you still get the error then that suggests your HDD is caput. Tell us more about what machine it is and what specs it has.

Flying-Q

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2006
Your machine is trying to do a remote boot over the network. Assuming yours is a discrete machine and you don't want to boot from network resources, go into BIOS and disable 'Network Boot'. If you still get the error then that suggests your HDD is caput. Tell us more about what machine it is and what specs it has.

Solution

Henrythe5

Commendable
Aug 21, 2016
Thank you for your immediate response.

HP Pavilion 500-047c

AMD A10-5700 APU with Radeon(tm) HD graphics
3400 MHz processor Speed
8 GB memory
AMD A10 Elite Quad Core
system BIOS 78E3B5C2E2E4

Further I am trying to do a clean install of Windows 8, but unfortunately I got the error "We couldn't install Windows in the location you choose. Please check your media drive. Here's more info about what happened: 0x80070057

I used rufus to create bootable USB media of Windows. but got the above error, when trying to install windows un 1 TB unallocated space.
http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/windows-and-office/the-complete-guide-to-a-windows-8-clean-installation/ - I am on figure J when I got the error.

Should I purchase another hard disk?

Hey there, @Henrythe5!

I'd strongly recommend you attempt to install Windows onto another HDD if you have a spare one lying around somewhere. If not, try using another computer to see how the HDD would get recognized there. It's possible that the drive might have failed which would explain why it gives you such a hard time when installing the OS. If the HDD is still within the warranty period, you should be able to RMA it and get a replacement from the reseller's/manufacturer's official customer support. Either way, I'd still try connecting this hard drive to another computer and even run some HDD diagnostic tests on it to check up on the health and SMART stats.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted with the troubleshooting!
SuperSoph_WD

Henrythe5

Commendable
Aug 21, 2016
I just bought a new Hard Disk, and I am currently creating Windows 10 USB Bootable media in order to install on the new hard disk. I bought Western Digital Hard Drive. Hopefully I will be able to install Windows 10 tonight. I will keep you posted.

With regards to the other Hard Drive, I ran SMART check using Ubuntu, that also didn't go through. It got stuck on 10% remaining for ages.

Just like you said, I will be connecting the old Hard Disk Drive and will be using the resource to check for Hard Drive issues.

Also my Windows Media installation that was created last year didn't boot up on the new hard disk. Basically it failed to install. It said the Windows Installation was corrupted.

Ok, So I was able to successfully replace the hard disk and install Windows 10 home. The client as extremely. However the client requested the broken hard disk. I had to return it

But all in all, carrying out a Hard Drive replacement and installing Windows fix the issue. So I am happy. Thank you for your generous support and kind words.