[SOLVED] No boot. Fans and LED on for a split second

matthijsv98

Distinguished
May 14, 2014
Hello,
My pc is (for what I know) correctly installed. My motherboard LEDs are comstantly on, which is normal. But when I turn on the pc every fan and only the LED from the videocard is turning on for like half a second. What I'm missing is:
LED from watercooling, RAM and case fans. And ofcourse I want my pc to just boot. The 4 boot LEDs on my motherboard also turn on for a split sec on the color red.

ASRock B460
I7-10700
HP Omen ripped 3060 Ti
Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB
Corsair H150i Pro
WD Black 1TB, 3TB Seagate Barracuda
4x Sharkoon RGB case fans, 2c Corsair case fans

Already tried: paperclip PSU trick, reseating RAM, switch CPU Fan ports.
If someone could help me troubleshoot, I would appreciate it!

Solution
Probably short somewhere.

Disconnect all non-essentials - all usb devices, all rgb, graphics card, hdd/ssd, front panel ports e.t.c.
Leave only cpu, cpu cooler, cpu fan, single ram module, psu connected. Monitor connected to integrated GPU.

And try to start your system.

BTW - what model PSU are you using?
Probably short somewhere.

Disconnect all non-essentials - all usb devices, all rgb, graphics card, hdd/ssd, front panel ports e.t.c.
Leave only cpu, cpu cooler, cpu fan, single ram module, psu connected. Monitor connected to integrated GPU.

And try to start your system.

BTW - what model PSU are you using?

Solution
Breadboard it - assemble outside pc case.

It's possible, you have some extra stand-off installed, that is causing short.

Also perform checks listed here:

matthijsv98

Distinguished
May 14, 2014
Okay so I was being somewhat stupid. I used the fan controller that came with the RGB fans. I screwed it to the back of the CPU removable cover, which is metal. Funny to see how such little detail can cause to not booting at all. I thank you for your 2nd set of eyes anyways!