[SOLVED] No boot, no beep, fans spinning ?

Apr 9, 2023
Hi,

Last day for shutting off my computer that was in sleep mode. I pushed the button on and then pressed the button on until it shut off. Now, it doesn't boot anymore.
Did I damage the motherboard or the PSU ? My setup is only 3 years old.

My specs :
Motherboard: MSI B450M-A Pro Max
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
GPU: AMD 5700 XT
16GB Ballistix DDR4
PSU: Seasonic 550w

Case Fractal focus G

Last edited by a moderator:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

PSU seasonic 550w
Seasonic is the brand of the PSU while 550W is the advertised wattage of the PSU. Might want to source(borrow, not buy) a PSU with at least 650W of power for the entire system, to rule out your PSU being the root cause.

Apr 9, 2023
Hi thanks for replying,

I just tested something by unplunging the big cable that supplies the motherboard and putting it back. It worked then i shot it down to put the computer back in its original place then again black screen after starting. I don't understand this seasonic was supposed to be high end psu i had absolutely no problem during those 3 years in game with heavy load or even trying benchmarks. I will try to check voltage if there is something wrong i will maybe consider buying a new one... because i don't have any psu higher than 550w

DaleH

Prominent
Mar 24, 2023
Hi thanks for replying,

I just tested something by unplunging the big cable that supplies the motherboard and putting it back. It worked then i shot it down to put the computer back in its original place then again black screen after starting. I don't understand this seasonic was supposed to be high end psu i had absolutely no problem during those 3 years in game with heavy load or even trying benchmarks. I will try to check voltage if there is something wrong i will maybe consider buying a new one... because i don't have any psu higher than 550w
Nothing lasts forever and even new parts can fail. Just think about the millions of dollars that were spent on the Apollo program and yet they still experienced failure. Your PSU is 3 years old so it could possibly be bad. The only conclusive way to prove it is by swapping it out with a known good unit.
DaleH

DaleH

Prominent
Mar 24, 2023