No boot, no beep, no video, but with other graphics card it works

XeeoNz

Prominent
Jun 23, 2017
So my pc died while i was playing witcher 3. It said that radeon setting was changed back to default because some issue, then it froze. I wanted to reboot it but it didn't boot, there was no beep and video. I tried nearly anything. I changed to another vga and it works. I tried another motherboard with the "faulty vga" and it booted but after some time it died again and it never booted back with that vga and the other motherboard. It has video, it starts to load the windows load screen then its all black again and doesnt do anything. Pls help, everything is in place correctly, i tested RAMs too.
CPU is all good.

Solution
Check the r9 270x temp when you play the game, also make sure the gpu fan work or not. Because the card behaved, like the artifacts when gaming, that problem related too gpu ( bad card, overheat, fan(s) does not work) or the PSU.

XeeoNz

Prominent
Jun 23, 2017
so i tested some things, to be clear i have 2 systems, one intel and one amd. I use the amd one. On the intel system i just tested some things. The system boots up with the "faulty video card" when i set it to boot in safe mode. If i wanna boot it normally, it freezes after the windows logo. On the amd system it still doesn t do crap. not even a beep,no video,no bios, dead. The other video card, thats works with the 2 systems is a gt 610 and it doesnt take power from psu only from the rail. the faulty card needs 2 cables from the psu.

i will test the paper clip and the drivers tomorrow and update this thread.

my specs:

Motherboard: asrock 980de3/u3s3
CPU: fx6300
VGA: sapphire r9 270x- btw the card behaved very poorly during games, when in game i could see lines, graphical bugs a lot of times, i think they are called artifacts.
ram: 2x4 gb corsair- no idea which but i tested all and they work fine
psu: CHIEFTEC GPS-650A8 650W

Check the r9 270x temp when you play the game, also make sure the gpu fan work or not. Because the card behaved, like the artifacts when gaming, that problem related too gpu ( bad card, overheat, fan(s) does not work) or the PSU.

Solution