[SOLVED] No boot or sounds, only graphics card light & power button light

Warmanreaper

Prominent
Apr 9, 2020
So, I'm trying to fix my mother's computer. She was playing FF14, it turned off, if i press the power button, the power button light turns on, nothing in the computer works, I see a white light on the graphics card, but thats it. Those 2 lights. I'm assuming this is powersupply (it finally died after about 3-4 years of use) but I wanna make sure before we go to the bestbuy in the morning and we buy one, and I have to practically reassemble the whole computer. What say you guys? is this a dead PSU, or a more complex problem?
Also, do I need a specific PSU?To my understanding they're all universal, but her computer is a bit older, so her PSU comes with all the cords plugged into the psu and comes out of the psu case (you cant unplug the cords, they come through a hole) It's an all in one PSU. Its 600 watts, so at minimum thats what I'm probably gonna have her buy, but is there anyspecific type of psu I would need for a computer this old? (it's a prebuilt btw) I don't recollect researching powersupplies specifically having types or anything, but I just don't even know what im getting into with this 3-4 year old prebuilt.

Last edited:
Solution
So, I'm trying to fix my mother's computer. She was playing FF14, it turned off, if i press the power button, the power button light turns on, nothing in the computer works, I see a white light on the graphics card, but thats it. Those 2 lights. I'm assuming this is powersupply (it finally died after about 3-4 years of use) but I wanna make sure before we go to the bestbuy in the morning and we buy one, and I have to practically reassemble the whole computer. What say you guys? is this a dead PSU, or a more complex problem?
Also, do I need a specific PSU?To my understanding they're all universal, but her computer is a bit older, so her PSU comes with all the cords plugged into the psu and comes out of the psu case (you cant unplug...
Also, do I need a specific PSU?To my understanding they're all universal, but her computer is a bit older, so her PSU comes with all the cords plugged into the psu and comes out of the psu case (you cant unplug the cords, they come through a hole) It's an all in one PSU. Its 600 watts, so at minimum thats what I'm probably gonna have her buy, but is there anyspecific type of psu I would need for a computer this old? (it's a prebuilt btw) I don't recollect researching powersupplies specifically having types or anything, but I just don't even know what im getting into with this 3-4 year old prebuilt.
You just need a 600w gold rated recommended psu. Evga crosair and gigabyte are all great choices

Solution