[SOLVED] No Boot up

Feb 9, 2019
Hello I encountered a problem recently rather so I'll get to it,
Firstly my pc had a blue screen and I needed to trouble shoot it and none of the troubleshoots were effective especially the factory reset as it didn't even let me as it encountered an error

I reinstalled windows 10 onto my c drive creating a windows.old file which I ignorantly deleted expecting it to just create up space. Thinking I was done I turned off my pc and turned it on again a couple hours later with no sign of boot, cpu and gpu fans running with my hdmi cable connected to my gpu with no signal displaying on my monitor and no sign of boot as my mouse lights were not on yet my usb ports were still getting power as I could charge my phone.

Trying several things like removing ram, cold resetting, and removing my ssd and hdd nothing worked until the next day I removed my gpu and my pc booted up, my monitor wouldn't display anything through vga or hdmi cables connected my the mobo however my mouse was on and showing light, I put the gpu back turned it on with my hdmi cable connected to the gpu and it booted, I could log on, windows.old is still not there but there doesn't seem to be any hardware failure

I needed to install internet drivers but my router is downstairs so I set up my pc the same way but I was back to square one, it's good to mention that when I boot my pc my cpu fan is fast has a faint beep slows down then speeds up again and beeps to slowdown then repeat. I tried removing the gpu and booting like last time but no luck.

Spec
Cpu : ryzen 5 1600
Gpu : zotac 1060 3gb mini
Mobo: asrock ab350 pro4
Psu: corsair cx 450m
Ram: ballistix 2x4 2400mhz

If any extra info is needed I will supply

Thank you

Solution

Unless the failure is because its badly seated, you will have to buy new sticks. To check: Take out the ram, re-insert it. If it was due to poor seating that should fix it.

jacob68

Notable
Jan 30, 2019

I had to read your post 3 times to understand, partially, whats going on...Anyway:

No image displayed at all at any time when booting now when its "dead" again?
Does it seem like everything else is booting normally? = fans spin up etc?
Any beeps or failure leds lighting up on the mobo?

Feb 9, 2019
All fans spin, only thing of note is one faint beeb that I read up means memory failure, however I do not understand how I had a beeping noise signifying that then one time it booted up and I was able to log into my Windows 10, yet after shutting it down I'm back to square one

jacob68

Notable
Jan 30, 2019

Memory failure can play out in the strangest ways and be different time to time. Assuming you interpret the beep correctly, run memtest86 on the sticks as the first step.

jacob68

Notable
Jan 30, 2019

Remove the GPU again and boot it up. If the built-in VGA takes over and lets you boot then its your GPU. Sorry, I had misread a part of your original post.

Feb 9, 2019
I connected the vga cable to the mobo and monitor but it resulted in the same problem, fan starts up one faint beep then slows down and repeats. I'm trying to convince myself that the ram isn't the problem as by luck I was able to boot it up one time

jacob68

Notable
Jan 30, 2019

1 short beep is usually a ram failure.

Feb 9, 2019

That's what I'm scared of, when ram ceases to work is there a way to fix it? Or is it just best to buy a new pair

jacob68

Notable
Jan 30, 2019

Unless the failure is because its badly seated, you will have to buy new sticks. To check: Take out the ram, re-insert it. If it was due to poor seating that should fix it.

Solution

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador

Your cpu has no integrated gpu so motherboard ports for video are useless.

Memtest is (or should be) a bootable device so if if you insert it would it probably boot from it if usb is set as nr1, if you made the hdd/ssd bootdevice nr1 disconnect it and see if memtest will start.