[SOLVED] No Boot, various LED's are turning on

Berkin

Reputable
Jul 4, 2016
I recently moved to another country and brought my pc components with me. I disassembled the insides of the case and brought them in my backpack/suitcase. I sent the case by shipping. Now I am reassembling it but I can't get it to post. First the VGA LED and Boot Device LED was constantly on with GPU plugged in, no boot. Using motherboards display resulted in the same outcome. I unplugged an extra HDD that I added from my dads PC, this time I got a blinking underscore screen with no access or signs of bios. I tried some other stuff and those lights are off now, instead the CPU LED is on. No post at all with boot loop this time. My CPU cooler fans attachments to the heatsink broke during transport so I had to ziptie the whole thing together. All fans including that one work, I pointed that out to say that unmounting the heatsink would be very inconvenient, I don't even know what good that could do tho. Getting to the blinking underscore screen tells me that my CPU is functional but I could be wrong. Would appreciate the help and suggestions!

Berkin

Reputable
Jul 4, 2016
i7 6700k
Asus Z-170A Mobo
Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000 16gb
EVGA G2 550W PSU
GTX 1070 G1 Gaming
CM Hyper 212 Evo

I can't reach the screws of the heatsink without cutting the zipties and I am out of zipties unfortunately so that will be the last thing I will try. Would like to try everything else first

Berkin

Reputable
Jul 4, 2016
Okay so I kinda found what was wrong but I think my motherboard is scuffed. The standoffs of the heatsink was shorting out the mobo, furthermore my sound card was also causing no boot. Once I booted, I got into a bootloop and had to disable the XMP profile and now it seems to be okay. rgd1101 I actually checked the cpu and the socket had a single bent pin but I don't think it was causing problems. Thanks anyway!