No boot with RX580, ASUS Z68, and 2500k

Jun 24, 2018
Hey guys,

So, I bought an open box PowerColor Red Devil RX580 off of Newegg, and it doesn't want to boot, the VGA_LED light will stay lit when trying to boot.

CPU: Intel Core i5 2500k
Motherboard: ASUS P8Z68-V PRO
PSU: CoolerMaster Silent Pro M2 620W

I think it's just the card, what I get for being cheap and buying open box. I have two Sapphire 7870s that when installed everything works fine. So, I believe the mobo is at least working and good, and I would think the PSU is enough.I also have an Antec TPQ-850 that I could try if someone thinks that will make a difference. BIOS is up to date, drivers installed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Solution
Try a BIOS reset, recently this had fixed a similar issue. If you can't be bothered with that, then remove the GPU and boot using the integrated graphics, go into the BIOS, and find the setting called 'Primary Display Adapter' or something similar, make sure it is set to PCIe.
Try a BIOS reset, recently this had fixed a similar issue. If you can't be bothered with that, then remove the GPU and boot using the integrated graphics, go into the BIOS, and find the setting called 'Primary Display Adapter' or something similar, make sure it is set to PCIe.

Solution