Jun 1, 2020
I recently build a new PC( I7-7700k, Asus Prime z-270-a, gtx 1060, 512 gb sata m.2, 2tb hard drive, 750w power supply, 1x16 gb 2400 ddr4 ram) and had everything up and running. I installed windows, all my motherboard drives, geforcec experience and my 1060 drivers,, steam, and chrome. After this I restarted my PC so that some software could finish installing. now when I attempt to boot up the PC it goes through all the LED indicators properly but then idles and doesn't light the final white led to indicate a complete boot. I had one instance of it booting to a bios flash menu but I tried to close that and boot regularly with no luck. I downloaded my bios to a USB so I can try and flash it again if I can reach the bios. I know all my parts are working and compatible but I'm not sure what also to do.

Jun 1, 2020
Have you cleared the CMOS?
Have you entered the BIOS to check the boot order?
Have you tried removing the graphics card and boot using the onboard graphics?
I cleared the CMOS and was able to flash a new version of the bios. After that, I rebooted to check the boot order and am now stuck with a no post. Also, the GPU has had no issues when the PC boots successfully, I tried it without though and had no luck. I did manage to install the latest drivers for my GPU and motherboard though so I'm confused as to what else could be the issue since my PC has booted into windows perfectly fine.

Is the 1 stick of RAM located in slot DIMM_A2?
Have you tried booting with the 2tb hard drive disconnected?
Have you double-checked the CPU cooler is mounted correctly?
You may have no choice but to remove the motherboard from the case and try booting your system outside the case.

Jun 1, 2020
Is the 1 stick of RAM located in slot DIMM_A2?
Have you tried booting with the 2tb hard drive disconnected?
Have you double-checked the CPU cooler is mounted correctly?
You may have no choice but to remove the motherboard from the case and try booting your system outside the case.
I have the RAM in DIMM_A2 and have tried booting with the hard drive disconnected. I recently remounted the CPU, applied new thermal paste, and replaced the cooler. None of this seems to have worked. I tried to boot outside the case and got no new response.

TRENDING THREADS