Question No bootable device found?

Feb 3, 2023
I have a fairly new set up , about 1 month old . My boot drive is about 5 months old , a 500gb ssd. About a week ago I was messing with the ram expo and when I went to restart the bootable drive was no longer available. I set all my BIOS settings back to default and here a week later I am still having the issue of no bootable device found. I have two other drives for storage and when disconecting the other two storage devices it seems to find the new ssd with the OS loaded on it. Other than that I am constantly having to switch from Legacy to OPROM and back to legacy every time I boot up.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
BIOS version for your motherboard would also help add some context to the issue at hand.

Check and see if CSM is disabled in BIOS.

Reactions: TruckDriver1

Nice Nicer

Commendable
May 24, 2021
Do you try to boot into windows 11 ?
Did you try changing the SATA connectors for the drives on the Mainboard ?
When you can not boot from your SSD, does it appear among the boot options in the bios anyway ?
I have no clue so far to be honest. Maybe you could provide some more hardware specs for example the health state of the SSD.

I have a fairly new set up , about 1 month old . My boot drive is about 5 months old , a 500gb ssd. About a week ago I was messing with the ram expo and when I went to restart the bootable drive was no longer available. I set all my BIOS settings back to default and here a week later I am still having the issue of no bootable device found. I have two other drives for storage and when disconecting the other two storage devices it seems to find the new ssd with the OS loaded on it. Other than that I am constantly having to switch from Legacy to OPROM and back to legacy every time I boot up.
In the BIOS, check the boot order. If you can't see the SSD, it's possible that it failed or some setting needs to be toggled. Sometimes the AHCI setting causes the problem, sometimes the UEFI/Legacy BIOS setting causes it and sometimes it's a faulty SATA cable. Your description of "SSD" is inadequate because I don't know if it's a 2.5" SATA, an M.2 SATA or an NVMe drive.

In any case, one of those should alleviate the problem.

Feb 3, 2023
CPU: AMD 7700X
Motherboard:ASUS TUF X670E-plus
Ram: GSkill DDR5 Flare X5 6000MHz
SSD/HDD: SSD Samsung 870 evo sata 500gb ,2.5" (OPERATING SYSTEM).
Other drives , WD 500 GB HDD, WD 1TB HDD.

GPU:Gigabyte 3060
PSU: 650W
Chassis: Rosewell full size
Monitor: X2 dell @ 1080
BIOS version for your motherboard would also help add some context to the issue at hand. Version 0821 (current)

Check and see if CSM is disabled in BIOS. CSM enabled to access the legacy and oprom settings