No bootable device -- insert boot disk and press any key. Please help

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Georgio96

Honorable
Aug 27, 2013
Ok so when and turn my laptop on i immediately get this error message. (No bootable device -- insert boot disk and press any key) The laptop i have is a Packard Bell Easynote TK87. I dont have a boot disk and on multiple occasions have tried to download them and burn them to a disk but it never works so if you know an alternative solution then please can you help me.

Solution

Obviously you're going to have to use another computer to format the USB thumb drive.

Download your version of Windows HERE. Use your COA on the laptop to ACTIVATE.

Once the .iso is downloaded download the Windows 7 USB/DVD download tool HERE. And run the .exe.

Guide HERE.

During POST you're going to have to select the usb as boot device. Typically to open boot menu is F12

Good luck!

RussK1

Splendid

Obviously you're going to have to use another computer to format the USB thumb drive.

Download your version of Windows HERE. Use your COA on the laptop to ACTIVATE.

Once the .iso is downloaded download the Windows 7 USB/DVD download tool HERE. And run the .exe.

Guide HERE.

During POST you're going to have to select the usb as boot device. Typically to open boot menu is F12

Good luck!

Solution

RussK1

Splendid

100% agree. No other way around it... Hopefully it's just a corrupt os reason for not showing a boot partition.

Here's to fingers crossed.

COLGeek

Cybernaut

Great minds think alike, brudda! That is why we may need to connect him locally for physical support.

RussK1

Splendid

:)

Georgio96

Honorable
Aug 27, 2013
Haha thanks, I really hope im successful because I've been so hopeful about all the methods that i read online and none of them worked for me so maybe I might get lucky :p

RussK1

Splendid

No it'll start Windows installation. Once windows is installed it'll prompt you to enter the COA. You will have two options, enter the OEM key that comes with the laptop or skip it until a later date. Either way, the licensing is the least of your problems. So don't fret about it, that will be fine.

Georgio96

Honorable
Aug 27, 2013
Ok apologies for how long it took had to do a few things. So i downloaded the Premium x86 copy of windows from the link and when i browse for files in the USB/DVD download tool i select the file. I then click next and it says: The selected file is not a valid ISO file. Please select a valid ISO file and try again. Not too sure what to do any help would be appreciated :(

Status
Not open for further replies.