Question No bootable device screen appears after Windows 10 blue screen “driver power state failure” on Acer Nitro 5 AN515-54 gaming laptop

Cro55ed

Honorable
Jul 30, 2016
I think the blue screen occurred after the laptop screen was slammed to it’s closing position. After restarting it - no bootable device screen appears.
The laptop was functioning completely fine before this had happened.
I also went through BIOS and I’m pretty sure it recognizes the hard drive, it’s just that it won’t boot.
B2-EB6-E5-A-6-F21-4558-BB58-62-F975-A063-D2.jpg

I think the blue screen occurred after the laptop screen was slammed to it’s closing position. After restarting it - no bootable device screen appears.
The laptop was functioning completely fine before this had happened.
I also went through BIOS and I’m pretty sure it recognizes the hard drive, it’s just that it won’t boot.
B2-EB6-E5-A-6-F21-4558-BB58-62-F975-A063-D2.jpg
Sounds like you need a new HDD/SSD if it is indeed reading I'm the bios it maybe corrupted from the blue screen and recoverable but something that does that easy I would replace

Cro55ed

Honorable
Jul 30, 2016
Sounds like you need a new HDD/SSD if it is indeed reading I'm the bios it maybe corrupted from the blue screen and recoverable but something that does that easy I would replace
I'm not good with laptops and don't even have the screwdrivers and tools needed to open it. Is it possible run a Windows 10 ISO through USB and reinstall windows while keeping all the files?

I'm not good with laptops and don't even have the screwdrivers and tools needed to open it. Is it possible run a Windows 10 ISO through USB and reinstall windows while keeping all the files?
Yes but it takes a little working to do. You will need you boot a USB with windows 10 on it click install custom make a parton for the new windows and install there accessing the old files through new copy of windows

Yes but it takes a little working to do. You will need you boot a USB with windows 10 on it click install custom make a parton for the new windows and install there accessing the old files through new copy of windows

Cro55ed

Honorable
Jul 30, 2016
Okay, a little update. The laptop keeps bootlooping when I try to boot from the usb that contains the ISO for minutes on end. I’m guessing there isn’t any other option huh.

Cro55ed

Honorable
Jul 30, 2016
Yeah sounds like the HDD is fried and throwing the system into a fit trying read a faulty sata
Another update. When booting the Windows 10 ISO, I get Windows error DRIVER_PNP_WATCHDOG. But, booting regularly (The laptop has an M.2 SSD) shows that there isn't a bootable device. So is the USB I used, the issue? Or should I buy a 2.5 SSD and attempt to install Windows on that?

Another update. When booting the Windows 10 ISO, I get Windows error DRIVER_PNP_WATCHDOG. But, booting regularly (The laptop has an M.2 SSD) shows that there isn't a bootable device. So is the USB I used, the issue? Or should I buy a 2.5 SSD and attempt to install Windows on that?
What laptop and model do you have if it does indeed come equiped with a pre installed m.2 drive there maybe more press damage that's causing the no boot device.

Cro55ed

Honorable
Jul 30, 2016
What laptop and model do you have if it does indeed come equiped with a pre installed m.2 drive there maybe more press damage that's causing the no boot device.
Acer Nitro 5 AN515-54-5812. There are a few videos that show how to fix it, which leads me to believe that this is a more common issue than I thought.

I took out the M.2 and tried to format it on my PC which supports it, but then I get a black screen with the code "A0" on the MB temp counter (which means IDE Initialization). It just gets stuck there. After taking the M.2 out the PC, it boots fine.