[SOLVED] No bootable Devices found

Feb 22, 2020
I made sure all of the cables are put in correctly. I bought a new motherboard and re attached everything, I have some Hard drives I want to put in there but it says no bootable devices found. I tried switching out everything and using it the normal way I had it but it’s not working.

Solution
Ok, so it looks like it's a Dell Optiplex 9020.
System User's Manual

Based on the information found on Pg 28, it appears there is a port on the motherboard which should provide power to your SSD (See #11 in the diagram). There should be a cable from that port that plugs into your SSD.

-Wolf sends
Feb 22, 2020
Can I boot with a usb. If I go to the local library and download windows 7 driver on my usb, will it work if I go back home plug in the usb and download the drivers onto the motherboard. If so can someone tell me how to do it.

Wolfshadw

Titan
New motherboard typically means you need to reinstall the OS.

Since you appear to want to run Windows 7, you will need a legitimate license key so you can download the ISO from Microsoft
Windows 7 ISO Direct from Microsoft
However, this is just the ISO download. You would still need to burn the image to a device in order to use it as installation media.

If you do not have a legitimate Windows 7 product key, then I would suggest switching to Windows 10 and use their available program for creating the installation media:
Windows 10 Media Creation Tool

I don't think you will be able to do this at a library computer, however (check with the librarian) as this does require installing a program on the computer.

-Wolf sends

Feb 22, 2020

Since you appear to want to run Windows 7, you will need a legitimate license key so you can download the ISO from Microsoft
However, this is just the ISO download. You would still need to burn the image to a device in order to use it as installation media.

If you do not have a legitimate Windows 7 product key, then I would suggest switching to Windows 10 and use their available program for creating the installation media:

I don't think you will be able to do this at a library computer, however (check with the librarian) as this does require installing a program on the computer.

-Wolf sends
So I would have to go on a computer and downloa

-Wolf sends
Also, I have a problem where I’m my boos I have my ssd’s connected to sata 1 and sata 2 but it doesn’t detect it

Feb 22, 2020
Not sure why this happens. However, if you're installing Windows, you only want one storage drive connected during the installation. Disconnect the secondary drive and see if the one remaining shows up in BIOS.

-Wolf sends
It still says no, however I only have the data cable in the hard drive and there is a long slot which I Don’t know what it is for.

Wolfshadw

Titan
TZQ2Kqq.jpg

Maybe this will help?

-Wolf sends

Feb 22, 2020
I am going to switch power supply’s because the one I have doesn’t have a conecctor to hd but the onther one does I’ll let you know if it works
I hav
TZQ2Kqq.jpg

Maybe this will help?

-Wolf sends
my power supply doesn’t have that connector. But I’m so confused because I used this power supply and the ssd before and never had this problem. The ssd would just be connected with sata cables that’s it

Feb 22, 2020
What four-pin connector? If you're referring to the four pin pinout next to the data port in the image I posted, that's not necessary.

-Wolf sends
No the four pin connector on my mother board, there is a 4 pin connector and a 8 pin connector where you plug the wires from the power supply onto the motherboard. The problem is I don’t have a connector on my power supply for the ssd

Wolfshadw

Titan
Ok. Now I'm confused because from what I can tell, those are the only two cables from the power supply. One is for main power and the other is for the CPU. From what I can tell there are no other cables for powering any other devices like the HDD, SSD, or CD/DVD ROM Drive.

What is the model number of the computer?

-Wolf sends

Feb 22, 2020
Ok. Now I'm confused because from what I can tell, those are the only two cables from the power supply. One is for main power and the other is for the CPU. From what I can tell there are no other cables for powering any other devices like the HDD, SSD, or CD/DVD ROM Drive.

What is the model number of the computer?

-Wolf sends
The computer model number is D07S

Feb 22, 2020
I knew this would be it... I had a feeling. I don’t have that part in my motherboard I don’t know why. Should I send it back and get an new one? On my old motherboard I have that part but on the new one it’s just gone