No Bootable devices

henykeogh

Prominent
Nov 14, 2017
Hey everybody!
I am currently at a total loose end and require help. I’ve come into some money and decided to build a beast gaming pc, this is my first real build it is probably worth mentioning also I don’t have much experience with bios.

My build -

Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z270F

Processor: Intel I7 7700K 4.2GHz

CPU Cooler: Corsair H115i AIO

Memory: G.Skill Tridentz DDR4 3600 MHz

GPU: Asus STRIX 1080 Ti

SSD: Samsung M.2 NVMe 960 EVO

HDD: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM SATA 6gb/s

PSU: EVGA Supernova 750W G2

Here’s my problem - After final completion of my build I start my pc up and go into bios, the first thing I did is check that all my components are registering to the mother board - fine everything is there. I then went to install windows 10 via USB, which to no avail kept giving me error code 0x80070570 when trying to install to my SSD and HDD.
I did some research and tried a few things from a few different threads I found like disabling CSM and putting OS type in ‘other OS’ but still kept getting the same error.
After a few attempts I noticed my SSD and HDD Were no longer is my boot priority. I tried resetting CMOS thinking factory reset would bring it back to be original state but neither device is there. SATA information currently reads that my HDD is in p2 currently also.
Any help would be greatly appreciated as I’ve been trying to figure this out for 3 days no with no joy!
Thanks for reading.

So there is 2 seperate lists.

THere is sata/hard drive priority which states which drive is your boot drive.

Then there is boot priority that allows you select your opitcal drive, your primary hard drive, or other items.
Only ONE hard drive/ssd will show up in this list.

Best thing to do is unplug your HDD, reinstall windows to SSD dirve (wipe partition if one is already on it).
Then after you boot fine into windows shut down PC, plug back in HDD, now go into bios and make sure SSD is still primary device in sata/hdd list.

henykeogh

Prominent
Nov 14, 2017
Sorry I should Have stated that I tried to install windows 10 with HDD disconnected and only m.2 SSD in the Mobo. Windows has not yet been installed due to reoccurring error code but now no devices are detected in boot priority.

henykeogh

Prominent
Nov 14, 2017
Just tried that mate and still nothing, It does however detect both devices under Non-RAID Phyical disks I’ve just seen. So bios is seeing that they are connected?

TRENDING THREADS