Question "No bootable media" - - - - NVMe SSD not recognised as bootable media ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnWick19

Honorable
Mar 24, 2017
Hey all,

I've changed out my PSU due to a faulty unit, and now my PC does not boot.

After cleaing the CMOS, the BIOS recognizes the NVME drive in the BIOS but not as a bootable device. This is my only storage disk in the motherboard and has windows 10 installed. I ran diskpart as apart of the Windows 10 Installation Media off a USB, and it is a non-GPT drive.

Motherboard is an ASRock B450M Steel Legend paired with a Ryzen 5600x. BIOS has been updated, has been running fine with no issues. CSM Disabled or Enabled, it does not recognise it as bootable media.

Anyone got any ideas? Cheers

vishvajit

BANNED
Jan 21, 2023
No bootable media" error can occur if the NVMe drive is not recognized . Possible reasons and solutions include:
  1. Incorrect boot order: Make sure that the NVMe drive is listed first in the boot order in the BIOS.
  2. Missing boot partition: Check if the NVMe drive has a boot partition and that it is marked as active. You can use disk management tools to create a boot partition and set it as active.
  3. Incompatible NVMe driver: Make sure that the NVMe driver is compatible with the system and installed correctly. Try updating the NVMe driver or reinstalling it.
  4. Corrupted NVMe drive: If the NVMe drive is corrupt, you may need to perform a disk repair or disk clone.
  5. Damaged NVMe drive: If the NVMe drive is damaged, you may need to replace it.

USAFRet

Titan
Hey all,

I've changed out my PSU due to a faulty unit, and now my PC does not boot.

After cleaing the CMOS, the BIOS recognizes the NVME drive in the BIOS but not as a bootable device. This is my only storage disk in the motherboard and has windows 10 installed. I ran diskpart as apart of the Windows 10 Installation Media off a USB, and it is a non-GPT drive.

Motherboard is an ASRock B450M Steel Legend paired with a Ryzen 5600x. BIOS has been updated, has been running fine with no issues. CSM Disbaled or enables it does not register it as bootbale media.

Anyone got any ideas? Cheers
What specific PSUs?

If modular, did you use ONLY the cables that came with the new PSU?

After cleaing the CMOS, the BIOS recognizes the NVME drive in the BIOS but not as a bootable device.
I ran diskpart as apart of the Windows 10 Installation Media off a USB, and it is a non-GPT drive.
CSM Disbaled or enables it does not register it as bootbale media.
What model M.2 drive?
Which M.2 slot did you install it in?

Can you boot from windows installation media and show command output of following commands
(upload screenshot to imgur.com and post link)
diskpart
list disk
select disk 0
list partition
list volume

If windows is installed in legacy mode (disk partitioned in MBR), then you can not disable CSM.

Badger51

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2015
Similar problem.......swapping some drives on older pcs......former C: Drive reinstalled in original PC

But system won't load.........
How do I get to boot load sequence if the PC doesn't recognize the C: Drive?

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.