Question No bootable USB in bios or boot manager

LucasPerks

Reputable
Jan 25, 2020
i just bought a samsung ssd t5 portable, and i want to install windows on there. i have the complete working windows to go set up so windows will work on usb and then i went to boot into it and boom. its just gone, it wont show up at all, before you type anything i dont have legacy mode for some reason and apparently thats the solution to my problem but i cant do anything because i dont have legacy mode. help, what do i do.

Legacy is only the solution if you made windows to go to be legacy,you could look up a way to convert a legacy installation to an UEFI/GPT one or you could just remake your windows to go with UEFI/GPT.

Also stating your mobo model would allow someone that knows that mobo to confirm if there is or isn't a legacy switch,sometimes you have to first tell your bios that the USB disk is a valid boot option before it shows up as an selection.

LucasPerks

Reputable
Jan 25, 2020
Legacy is only the solution if you made windows to go to be legacy,you could look up a way to convert a legacy installation to an UEFI/GPT one or you could just remake your windows to go with UEFI/GPT.

Also stating your mobo model would allow someone that knows that mobo to confirm if there is or isn't a legacy switch,sometimes you have to first tell your bios that the USB disk is a valid boot option before it shows up as an selection.
thanks for replying, i haven't gone on here for ages lol but i did figure out that when i make the windows to go installation that i have to change it to uefi, which you did say before tho. thanks anyway!