No build won't boot and no beeps

Rekarth

Honorable
Sep 19, 2013
Hi, I have just build my first computer. So after checking installing everything in the case and checking each cable, I boot the computer but nothing happen. No fans spinning, optical drive not working. No beeps from motherboard speaker. Only thing I have is the power button on the motherboard which light red and the green led on my graphic card.

My motherboard is a Asus Z87-PRO
my graphic card is a Asus GTX 770

Anyone has an idea of what could be my problem?
Thank you

Solution
Pull The gpu...see if the mb post with onboard gpu. Look to see if any red fault led are on. Check that the power good led on. Check if it older or cheaper power supply there no red switch that set to 220v. If the mb was shorted you may have to use the CMOS clear button or jumper. Check the case switches are on the right pins. A lot people reverse power and reset switch. Check case USB ports for bent pins. Check that the case and CPU fans are on the right headers. Unplug the case fans to rule out a bad fan. If nothing works try the mb on top of the desk to see if it was shorting out.

Rekarth

Honorable
Sep 19, 2013
1) When I first build the computer I forgot to put the standoff :(. I had screwed the board directly on the case. But after I have screwed the standoff on the case and screwed the board on the standoff.

2) The 8pin for the CPU is correctly installed

3) As for my GPU I plugged a (3x2+1x2) = 8pin PCI-E and a 3x2 = 6pin PCI-E into it.

CPU : Intel i7-4700k
CPU cooler : Cooler Master 212 plus
PSU : Corsair TX750M
Motherboard : Asus Z87-PRO
RAM : 2x8gb of Kingston HyperX BLU
Graphic card : Asus GTX770 directcu II OC
SSD: Samsung EVO 250gb

Pull The gpu...see if the mb post with onboard gpu. Look to see if any red fault led are on. Check that the power good led on. Check if it older or cheaper power supply there no red switch that set to 220v. If the mb was shorted you may have to use the CMOS clear button or jumper. Check the case switches are on the right pins. A lot people reverse power and reset switch. Check case USB ports for bent pins. Check that the case and CPU fans are on the right headers. Unplug the case fans to rule out a bad fan. If nothing works try the mb on top of the desk to see if it was shorting out.

Solution

Rekarth

Honorable
Sep 19, 2013
Hi, so I have unplugged : USB 3.0/2.0 cables for the case ports, fans at the back of the case and the front and the HD audio cable. When I turned on my computer it actually boot! But, the fan at the back did not spin. It should if power is connected even if its not plug into the MB? Because my front fan is not plugged into the MB and its working. Anyone can helo me further?

EDIT: The computer boot with everything plug in except the back fan. I have tried to plug the fan in differents CHA_FAN. But I get the same results, if the back fan is plugged the computer won't boot. Now if I let this cable unplug I get something strange. First the computer boot and I can see different QCode digit error on my MB. Then the computer shut down and restart by itself. Now I see different Qcode digit error again on my MB and it stay on A2 which is IDE detect in my manual. Also, the BOOT_DEVICE_LED is light on.

Check that the fan not stuck. A lot vendor over tighten case fans and can pinch the fan or a fan wire. If it not pinched call the case vendor for a new fan. With new pc try video cable on the onboard video to see if there any video. Power down and reset your ram and check your cables. You may need to boot with one dimm and no gpu and do a bios update now that there some life on the mb.