Question No c on my drive.

captaincloudy

Commendable
Dec 31, 2018
The drive letters on my laptop HD somehow changed, and now c drive is gone, and l and k are the 2 listed partitions. Can't start the pc, and can't get to safe mode. Can get to bios setup, and make windows 7cd the boot device, but it doesn't work. Thanks, Ron

Lutfij

Titan
I wouldn't say that they somehow changed, in fact can you recall what was the last thing you did prior to the issue cropping up? The reason I suggest doing so is to cut out the issue from the root level so it doesn't occur again.

By any chance did you plug the laptop HDD to a donor system and then noticed your drive letters had changed?

The drive letters on my laptop HD somehow changed, and now c drive is gone, and l and k are the 2 listed partitions. Can't start the pc, and can't get to safe mode.
If you can't start the pc and can't get into windows, how exactly did you determine, that drive letters have changed?

If you have booted from windows installation media or into windows recovery environment, then drive letters can be different. This is normal.

TRENDING THREADS