Question No Chipset Drivers under Device Manager/System Devices (Ryzen 7 5800x3D)

rcsverige

Reputable
Mar 15, 2021
I want to update my chipset drivers but I cant figure out if I am up to date or not because there is not chipset drivers option under system devices in device manager. How can I go about doing this? Should I even be doing this? I just got this CPU the other day and updated BIOS. Any help would be greatly appreciated

I want to update my chipset drivers but I cant figure out if I am up to date or not because there is not chipset drivers option under system devices in device manager. How can I go about doing this? Should I even be doing this? I just got this CPU the other day and updated BIOS. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Chipset drivers consist of 4 to 8 drivers for as many parts of chipset (that's why the part"set") so you can't find it in Device Manager as one. It is named Chipset driver in Programs and features in Control panel where you can also see it's version and uninstall if needed.
You can pick newest driver for your exact chiposet and OS here
Recommend you do that anyway specially because of BIOS update.

rcsverige

Reputable
Mar 15, 2021
lol thats not the issue for me. The issue is that I dont have any chipset drivers displaying in my device manager.
Chipset drivers consist of 4 to 8 drivers for as many parts of chipset (that's why the part"set") so you can't find it in Device Manager as one. It is named Chipset driver in Programs and features in Control panel where you can also see it's version and uninstall if needed.
thats the issue... I have searched in device manager and their is no specific name "chipset driver" in any of the categories nor in programs and features via control panel. I did however download the latest chipset driver from AMD but still no trace of the driver anywhere so far. Maybe they are just separated in the device manager rather than being under the one name "chipset driver"?

rcsverige

Reputable
Mar 15, 2021
Hey I found it. It was under Apps in control panel but I kept scrolling past AMDchipset thinking that it was named something different. Feel like an idiot now but either way, thank you.

lol thats not the issue for me. The issue is that I dont have any chipset drivers displaying in my device manager.

thats the issue... I have searched in device manager and their is no specific name "chipset driver" in any of the categories nor in programs and features via control panel. I did however download the latest chipset driver from AMD but still no trace of the driver anywhere so far. Maybe they are just separated in the device manager rather than being under the one name "chipset driver"?
There will be no Chipset in DM because it's not one but several items/controllers in one chip.- Each part has own driver separately listed in DM with own version all rolled up in one file. The latest one is
amd_chipset_software_5.08.02.027.exe.
When you start it , it unarchives in C:\AMD folder and starts installation from there. Once installation starts it should present a window with all drivers available and let you choose which to install or update. There were 6 for me in that one Including Ryzen PowerPlan. You can safely proceed with full installation asit will update just parts that need updating.
View: https://imgur.com/a/rApfnEV
View: https://imgur.com/a/y4wFebE

Last edited: