No choice for my Graphic Card in Guru

nwgamelover

Distinguished
May 25, 2014
The tutorial is excellent, well written. My AMD Radeon HD 6520G is not listed in the GURU uninstaller though. Can anyone tell me a work-around in my situation?

Thanks so much, for any help, Denise

Edit: I forgot to mention I have Windows 10 Home "now" but it is the upgrade from my original Windows 7.

Here's more on my computer:

denises%20toshiba%20info_zpsz0wo4evc.jpg

nwgamelover

Distinguished
May 25, 2014

I didn't see that option, I'll go back and look again. Thank you for your reply. I do want to delete the Graphic Driver if that's what you mean. I read the tutorial and I am fairly certain this is the problem in my laptop. Do the uninstall, and then do a clean install:)

http://

This a.m. I was fed up with typing my text, no matter what site or program I was in, and getting a delayed reaction (adds the text a couple seconds later). I read about that somewhere, and the info said it may be my graphics drivers. Since I have upgraded to Windows 10, and then the latest just a couple of months ago I think it was.

There are other issues but nothing glaring enough to get me to look up solutions. I think the driver thing may fix several things.

nwgamelover

Distinguished
May 25, 2014
I'm afraid I'm losing my marble. I figure I have maybe one left:( Yes, I did mean the DDU.

I'll go start at the beginning of the tute again. Thanks again, and I'll let you know how I do;) Denise

nwgamelover

Distinguished
May 25, 2014
Hi Volkgren,

Wanted to let you know, since you were kind enough to help me here, I may have straightened out the "delayed" typing issue by going another route with diskcleanup. Realized I hadn't done that for awhile. I also did a "Clean Boot" disabling all my startup programs to see if something there was causing the issue.

I still would like to do the whole DDU thing, but my issue to even start, is that I find no place online that has my drivers (AMD HD 6520G) or the chipset. So I am glad the tute said to first get the new driver packages ready. When I couldn't find them I was really glad I hadn't skipped that step.

This is really just to let you know where I'm at with it all. If you know of a place to get the drivers and chipset I need for what is evidently something they've discontinued making, possibly? I bought the laptop in about 2012 when I needed it for some classes I took at the CC near my home.

Thanks again, denise