[SOLVED] No connection on startup

thomfranken

Prominent
Jan 9, 2019
Hello,

Since i upgraded to a new motherboard (Gigabyte B360M H). My PC wont start with an internet connection ( sometimes it does when im lucky). Or sometimes it does but it doesnt work properly so i need to reboot again. I got tired of rebooting and i sort of found a fix. I go to device manager and turn my network adapter on and off and pray that it connects to the internet (usually takes up to 10 times). But im getting really tired of this issue because i dont want to do this 10 times on startup every time. And my pc just need to work properly.

I searched up many possible solutions but didnt help, i also reinstalled windows entirely but didnt work.

For any further questions feel free to ask.

Thanks in advance.

Solution
I would try to hard code the ip address at least to test...although I leave mine with static ip all the time.

A likely safe ip to use on your network would be 192.168.178.250. You want the gateway to be 192.168.178.1 and the DNS can be the value you show in your config of 84.116.46.22. Not sure what that IP is maybe your ISP dns. I generally use 8.8.8.8 which is a google dns.

Your problem could also be that dns server not responding.

Ralston18

Titan
You reinstalled windows - have you tried downloading, reinstalled, and reconfiguring the network adapter's drivers? (Download via the manufacturer's website.)

Are you connected to the router via the motherboard's built in Ethernet adapter?

Have you tried using another computer using the same connection path?

Have you tried another known working ethernet cable?

Make and model router?

Are you able to run and post the results of "ipconfig /all" via the command prompt?

thomfranken

Prominent
Jan 9, 2019

thomfranken

Prominent
Jan 9, 2019
I would try to hard code the ip address at least to test...although I leave mine with static ip all the time.

A likely safe ip to use on your network would be 192.168.178.250. You want the gateway to be 192.168.178.1 and the DNS can be the value you show in your config of 84.116.46.22. Not sure what that IP is maybe your ISP dns. I generally use 8.8.8.8 which is a google dns.

Your problem could also be that dns server not responding.

Solution

thomfranken

Prominent
Jan 9, 2019

It sort of worked,

I get a connection but its like its faking or some sort
It says im connected but im only receiving like 10% of my actual speed, so thats strange.

TRENDING THREADS