Question No connection

Jun 12, 2019
So here's the situation I just built a new PC with MOBO with integrated network card but no wifi. I thought it's ok I'll just connect to it with cable. I have a modem connected to router, I took out the cable from router and plugged it into PC just to see if I have connection. It didn't work 1 led on lan port on my PC was light up orange all the time and 2nd led was lighting on and off orange and I had no internet connection some suggestions what is the problem?

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS.

Make and model motherboard?

One light is connectivity related, the other data.

General reference:

https://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000445.htm

Check the motherboard's User Guide/Manual to learn what the LED colors and flashing patterns indicate.

Verify that any installed wireless adapters are disabled. Only one network adapter, wired or wireless, on the new PC should be enabled for network communications.

Try another known working ethernet cable. Cat 5e. Should be printed on the cable.

Also pay attention to any status LED's on the router especially the chosen LAN port.

Jun 12, 2019
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS.

Make and model motherboard?

One light is connectivity related, the other data.

General reference:

https://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000445.htm

Check the motherboard's User Guide/Manual to learn what the LED colors and flashing patterns indicate.

Verify that any installed wireless adapters are disabled. Only one network adapter, wired or wireless, on the new PC should be enabled for network communications.

Try another known working ethernet cable. Cat 5e. Should be printed on the cable.

Also pay attention to any status LED's on the router especially the chosen LAN port.
Ok I did some funky stuff and managed to connect my PC to router and I had connection so I guess I'll just go buy a new Ethernet cable
Still thanks for help

Last edited: