[SOLVED] no connection

brucehot

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2011
I can't get one laptop to connect to my home network - two others are working fine"
I get the following error message:

"network and sharing center

Bluetooth - not connected
Ethernet - cable un plugged

Wi_fi - not connected

(correct adapter shown and powered on)

Thanks

Solution
I can't get one laptop to connect to my home network - two others are working fine"

Wi_fi - not connected

Thanks
It is possible your router and your laptop are incompatible in some way. For example (not definitely your problem -- just an example of incompatibilities) you could have special characters in your SSID name. The driver software on the laptop won't accept. Or your router could be using a WIFI channel your laptop won't accept.
There are LOTS of possibilities.

kanewolf

Titan

Wi_fi - not connected

Thanks
It is possible your router and your laptop are incompatible in some way. For example (not definitely your problem -- just an example of incompatibilities) you could have special characters in your SSID name. The driver software on the laptop won't accept. Or your router could be using a WIFI channel your laptop won't accept.

Solution

brucehot

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2011
Go to your Wi-Fi settings, select your home Wi-Fi network and select forget.
Rescan for Wi-Fi networks, select your network and enter the passcode correctly

-Wolf sends
hiu

I did that several times, and still, the same issue

how do I can see or check which channel each one is on?
Thanks very much

kanewolf

Titan
how do I can see or check which channel each one is on?
Thanks very much
Knowing a little more about your router and laptop would help us. Please provide make and model numbers for both.
You should be able to find out what channel your router is using by logging into the admin pages.
If it doesn't say, then you could use software on an android phone like WIFI Analyzer which will graphically show you which channel it is using.