No CPU usage, regular memory usage 1fps frozen Fortnite.

Dec 21, 2018
I haven't been able to play the game for a long time due to this problem and haven't been able to find a solution. The game loads through the initial screen fine, but as soon as I get to selecting Save the world or Battle Royale, the game is essentially locked at 1fps and my cpu usage drops below 1%. No idea what is causing this, any help is appreciated.

mtracy1991

Reputable

PC Specs?

Is this occurring only for Fortnite? Or other games as well.

Dec 21, 2018

This is just for Fortnite, no other games have experienced any sort of a hiccup since this has been happening.

Not sure how specific the specs you need are but:
CPU: i5 2300
GPU: RX 560
10GB RAM
Drivers: 18.5.1 Radeon Adrenalin

mtracy1991

Reputable
Have you done any Windows updates or driver updates before this occurred? If so, Reroll to your previous drivers. I would also attempt to reinstall Fortnite and see if that works. Uninstall the Epic Games Launcher and reinstall it.

Dec 21, 2018

I updated really old amd drivers from somewhere back in 1.6 to the latest 1.8 versions, I also reinstalled my windows to set it up on a new SSD. I've reinstalled both the launcher and the game multiple times at this point, whilst trying different driver versions. The only thing I haven't done is go back to 1.6 drivers, as it doesn't seem normal that this should be happening with the latest and I'd like to fix it before doing any sort of workaround. Thanks for your continued help.

Dec 21, 2018

I seem to have remembered and spoken wrong, the drivers I had weren't 1.6 at all, in fact they'd be 16.x by AMD's numbering. I actually had 17.x drivers and backdated to those, which I assume were current around the time I purchased my card and are what I assumed I had before I updated. This has fixed the problem, and I can now play the game fine and it engages my cpu properly. This does however mean that if I need to update drivers in the future, it's going to cause issues again. Does this shed any light on what the problem actually is then? Thanks for all your help.

TRENDING THREADS