No Crossfire Option (A8 5600K + Sapphire HD 6670 on Gigabyte F2A88XM-HD3)

jairuz

Honorable
Dec 29, 2013
I need help regarding the subject. I've been doing some research for a fix and it seems that I can't find any solution. I would appreciate any form of advice.

Solution

Seeing AMD's reports, the recomended graphics card fro the A8 is the 6570, that said the 6670 should be showing on the catalyst menu.

AMD Said: Make sure you have downloaded the latest AMD graphics drivers. After driver installation, the option to enable AMD Radeon™ Dual Graphics should become available in the AMD VISION Engine Control Center.

Once installed, go into the “Performance” section of the AMD VISION Engine Control Center and check the box that says 'Enable Crossfire™' - this will allow the AMD A-Series APU graphics to work in tandem with the select AMD Radeon™ HD 6000 Series GPU installed for increased graphics...

jairuz

Honorable
Dec 29, 2013
Thanks for the immediate reply! Currently, I use graphics card output. I've been doing the switching to & from the mobo and video card many times now hoping to see if I can enable the Crossfire option.

In your Bios settings there should be your integrated graphics and graphics card, you can pair them in bios settings. The software is AMD system Monitor

jairuz

Honorable
Dec 29, 2013

How can I pair them in the bios settings?

You might want to go here- http://www.amd.com/us/products/technologies/dual-graphics/Pages/dual-graphics.aspx#4

I would set everything at stock default settings, then put the 6670 in the PCI-E slot, boot windows and install the latest catalyst driver (either 13.1 or 13.3 Beta), enable dual graphics (hybrid crossfire) in the catalyst control center under performance settings, install the catalyst application profiles, test to make sure the dual graphics works right in the games you play

jairuz

Honorable
Dec 29, 2013

Well, the main problem is I can't see the Crossfire option under Performance in Catalyst. I made sure that all my purchase to build this rig are crossfire/dual graphics compatible, but it doesn't let me. Will installing the Catalyst driver 13.1 or 13.3 beta resolve this issue? Currently, I'm on 13.12.

jairuz

Honorable
Dec 29, 2013

I'm currently on Catalyst 13.12, released on 12/18/2013. Problem still persists: No AMD Crossfire Option in Catalyst.

Seeing AMD's reports, the recomended graphics card fro the A8 is the 6570, that said the 6670 should be showing on the catalyst menu.

AMD Said: Make sure you have downloaded the latest AMD graphics drivers. After driver installation, the option to enable AMD Radeon™ Dual Graphics should become available in the AMD VISION Engine Control Center.

Once installed, go into the “Performance” section of the AMD VISION Engine Control Center and check the box that says 'Enable Crossfire™' - this will allow the AMD A-Series APU graphics to work in tandem with the select AMD Radeon™ HD 6000 Series GPU installed for increased graphics performance.

-It should be there but if it isn't the GPU must not be compatible with the CPU

Solution

jairuz

Honorable
Dec 29, 2013

Not compatible? What a bummer then. Unresolved. Thanks for you time.