No crossfire tab in Catalyst!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Xqee

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2010
I just bought a second Radeon HD4830. I had a Sapphire one before, now I bought a XFX. I have done everything I can do to get it working, but it's not working! Firstly, I got a motherboard that supports crossfire (Asrock A770CROSSFIRE), got 2 cards, and got a crossfire bridge(tried 2 diffrent ones). I have tried both old and new drivers, installed them while using one card at a time etcetc. I have tried to flash the gpu bios to match, still cant get the Crossfire tab in Calatlyst to show. In GPU-Z I can find both my cards, in catalyst I can find both cards, but the second card is "Disabled Adapter" and is locked at PCI 1x. Any tips? Have been trying to fix this for a week now, still cant get it to work!

Xqee

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2010
But I mean, when I start 3dmark 06 it works fine, and instantly when I press the start test thing and it starts scanning my system it shuts down, I mean, does the gpu instantly gets max voltage? I can play world of warcraft without problems, modern warfare 2 for like 5 mins then it crashes.

Xqee

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2010
But it's kinda weird that I can play wow on max settings(I know it's not that hard for the gpu but still) for hours+, isnt there a way to find out if the PSU is to weak? I cant be sure if thats the problem.

Xqee

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2010
I read http://www.tech-forums.net/pc/f76/will-my-psu-handle-crossfire-4830s-190331/ and they think 380W PSU should be enougt, I got 600 W and its not enought? Thats weird!