No d-sub port on new gpu

adisselmanovik666

Prominent
Sep 9, 2017
Don't want to start freaking out, but i just bought a gt 1030 gpu, and found out that it has no d-sub port for my monitor. Guys what should i do right now, can i just buy a dvi cable for my monitor. I feel like crying now.

Solution

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
They are pretty much phasing out the old analog video signal. If you want to run an analog monitor it will require an active DVI-D - VGA adapter. The standard DVI - VGA adapters that traditionally came with GPUs are not good enough as they are taking DVI-I to VGA which is still analog, If your monitor has DVI, HDMI, or DisplayPort you can just connect it directly.

To expand slightly on Eximo's post. A the 15pin dsub connector (usually blue) is an old analog standard also commonly known as VGA. If your monitor supports a digital input like DVI (which has backwards compatibility in come cases with VGA) Displayport or HDMI then that would be the preferred method of attaching the GPU to your monitor.

adisselmanovik666

Prominent
Sep 9, 2017

My monitor only has a vga port. What should i do now when the gt 1030 only has dvi and hdmi?

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Solution

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Also good, normally I say keep an eye on your local classifieds, but I haven't been regularly checking to see what crops up lately. A few years ago 4:3 lcd monitors could be had for as little as $10, but they might have the same problem you have now.

Second hand stores can be a decent source for peripherals, don't see too many monitors or computers any more though.

TRENDING THREADS