Question No detection of GPU by computer.

Benab3

Reputable
Jan 12, 2015
Hey guys,

I have a bunch of GTX 1070 graphics cards, all with exactly the same fault. The fans spin, but no display on any of them. When used as a secondary card in Windows, the aren't detected by the computer at all.
I have tried basic troubleshooting steps, but to no avail. I was planning to try a BIOS flash, but as the aren't detected by the computer, I cant.

If anyone has any idea on what to do that would be appreciated!

What are your PC specs ? The same as listed under your SIG, or some other ? Do you have the latest BIOS installed on your system ? Can you boot your PC by using the Motherboard onboard graphics, assuming it has support for igpu ?

Try to clear and reset all the CMOS/BIOS settings to default. Have you tried using some other Monitor/Monitor cable as well ?

Benab3

Reputable
Jan 12, 2015
My specs are an 8700K, ASUS z370 extreme 4, 16GB ram. The rig works fine with other cards, just these 6 MSI 1070s, all are exactly the same. I have cleared my CMOS with no results. They have actually all been tried in a different computer too, again exactly the same. The boards don't have any damage to them, so I am struggling to think of what could be wrong.
I am assuming there is some kind of fault, but surely the can't all be dead...

Benab3

Reputable
Jan 12, 2015
The cards are used, were going to be used for mining but I haven't yet. I have a G2 750W in the computer testing with currently. I also don't see how 6 can be faulty like this, but something is wrong with them.