'No device drivers were found. Make sure that the installation media contains the correct drivers, and then click OK.'

elitemossyPL

Honorable
Jun 28, 2014
Hi,

I really need help. I bought a computer yesterday and wanted to reuse Windows. I bought a S340 case so I do not have a DVD so what I done is tried to make my USB bootable using my DVD files (online page I found that help me do so) however I got the message like the one in the title. Then I tried to download a ISO I found online but got the same message. I then tried to download off the official Microsoft website but I have a OEM key so I am not allowed to download an ISO. What should I do now?

Can I just plug in my DVD player into my case and just keep it outside during installation then unplug it after Windows is installed? Please help as I am really worried and don't know what to do.

Case: NZXT S340
Motherboard: MSI Z170A Gaming M3.

If anyone needs anymore information, I am happy to provide it.

Thanks

Solution
no the dvd player won't break anything.
about that oem key, it might on might not activate on a new build, if not, call Microsoft to see if they let you, or else you have to buy a new one.

elitemossyPL

Honorable
Jun 28, 2014

Would the DVD player break or anything lol? And my previous wasn't a prebuild. I just bought Windows from eBay and it gave me an OEM :/

elitemossyPL

Honorable
Jun 28, 2014

okay, thank you. I will try installing Windows again tomorrow.

if your installing windows 7 on a newer mb the windows 7 iso is missing the drivers for the mb. you can use a 3 party tool and make a newer iso image with the newer chipset drivers installed or during windows install hit f6 and point windows to the inf files that you copied from the mb cd or from intel chipset drivers.
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/20775/Intel-Chipset-Device-Software-INF-Update-Utility-
another trick is microsoft now wil lgive you free upgrade to windows 10. download there media creation tool. make a bootable windows 10 iso. boot from the new iso usb stick. when it asks for windows 10 key put in your windows 7 key. on reboot after windowd 10 installs whe nyou get online windows should say your registered with a digital liscence. if it does your all set with windows 10.