[SOLVED] No difference in my PC's performance after changing the GPU. Lack of setups?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Felipe Felix

Honorable
Mar 11, 2015
I bought a Gforce RTX 2060 (6GB) to speed-up my PC (I used to have a 2GB Quadro), but I'm actually not seeing no difference in the performance. So I ran Speccy to check the computer's specs and I'm not really sure if my pc is recognizing the GPU's 6GB. Anyone here who can understand those data and tell me if there is something wrong with my configuration?

f5c1c0ecba266b77615c312e35dadab9.jpg

Solution: In my case, the ultimate solution was changing the refresh rate to a higher number. You will find these settings in the NVIDIA Control Panel under the "Change Resolution" tab.

Last edited:

Felipe Felix

Honorable
Mar 11, 2015
Update!

Heard that using multiple monitors has the potential to slow down pcs and there are some recommended settings to do in those cases. By navigating through those references I end up finding the Refresh Rate settings under my Nvidia Panel Control. The value previously set in my PC was 30Hz, so then I changed it to 60Hz (which is the max value in my case) and voilà! Now I can see a HUGE difference in the overall performance. Something I wasn't able to describe through text was the slowness I felt while moving the cursor, on windows animations, and panels. Since I didn't know that changing framerate was even possible so, I never imagined the problem was that one.