Question No digital output after Windows 10 update

Oct 24, 2020
Everything audio worked perfect then I had a Window 10 update and lost my digital output completely.
I tried the auto install....removed Realtek driver and had windows auto install on startup, didn't work.
Also did a clean install with the 64 bit driver from Realtek and no luck.
In control panel Hardware and Sound panel it only shows an analogue speaker icon and nothing else in the window.
What happened to the digital output?

Oct 24, 2020
I have headphones only, no analogue speakers. Headphones work. No digital output to DAC because no digital icons show up in control panel sound window. When I unplug phones the speaker icon gets a red x on it.

Oct 24, 2020
I am using the driver recommended by the manufacturer for the version computer I have. I tried the one that Windows automatically installs and various others from Realtek and then I get no sound at all.
All analogue outputs now work, as they always have. Which means the digital is working properly.
The problem is there is no digital output at the outputs and no digital outputs or icons to be seen in the control panel, in sounds, or anywhere. All that is shown is the analogue speaker/headphone output. Nothing else.
Why can't I see a digital logo or listing of digital ANYWHERE so it can be selected as an output?