No disk 0

momo eric

Honorable
Oct 23, 2014
Hello ,
Yesterday I was booting my PC with Windows 10... the process was all good. I felt asleep during the process. When I woke up the PC was off , so I turn on the PC , I found it saying no disk found or similar to that .. so I was going to boot it again as the hardware was detected in BIOS . Then there was no disk partition at all when I tried to boot .
I tried shift f10
Diskpart
List disk
There was only 15gb partition left on my 2tb Seagate barracuda HDD . Rest were not visible at all .
Plz help me . What to do next

Solution
I agree. Those could prove useful along with the test results (if the diagnostic tool is capable of detecting the drive). It's also recommended that you test the drive with its manufacturer's diagnostic tool. Here you can find both brand related and 3rd party diagnostic tools: https://www.lifewire.com/free-hard-drive-testing-programs-2626183.

Having in mind the drive is still not recognized by the OS when connected to a different computer, it could really mean that it has failed, but let's wait for the test results first.

Unfortunately if the HDD is out of warranty, there's no other way around it, you'll have to get a new one if this one is no good.
Hey there.

Is sounds like there might be an issue with either the drive or the connection. So, I'd strongly suggest that you try that HDD with a different computer (as a secondary storage drive), to see if it's properly recognized so that you can access it and backup your files. If you don't have that option you could at least try connecting it to your PC via a different SATA port and different cables.
Once you have everything backed up, I'd recommend that you download its manufacturer's diagnostic tool and test it for errors and bad sectors, to see what's the situation with it.

Hope that helps. Please let me know how everything goes.
Boogieman_WD

momo eric

Honorable
Oct 23, 2014

i have tried it with other pc as a secondary hdd but there it doesnt even show up but gets detected in bios
also i have tried in different sata port and with different sata cable.

Can you post screenshot from Disk Management, when your problematic drive is connected to that other pc as secondary drive?
Edit: Ah yes - and screenshot from HDtune health section also.

Yup, @SkyNetRising is right, those could prove helpful. However, it's fortunate that you don't need any of the data. You could get in touch with the drive manufacturer's customer support and/or the vendor you got it from and try to RMA it. Having results from a diagnostic tool which can backup that will probably be required, so go ahead and test the drive for errors and/or bad sectors while you have it connected as a secondary storage drive to a different computer.

momo eric

Honorable
Oct 23, 2014

in disk management there is no secondary drive connection display .. but when i check bios setting , the secondary hdd is shown there .
let me try using hdtune software .. just heard it from u.

momo eric

Honorable
Oct 23, 2014

forgot to ,ask how will u check the drive with any software if the drive doesnt show up as secondary hdd when u log on to windows 10 .

momo eric

Honorable
Oct 23, 2014

seagate customer support is worst in my country .. i have been trying to reach for their service center to get it repaired , but havent found authorized support here .. and apparently the hdd is not under warranty coverage .

It would be easier to understand the situation if there were some screenshots -
Disk Management, Device Manager, HDtune or at least diskpart/list disk.

But if, what you're saying, is right, then your drive is dead and needs to be replaced.

I agree. Those could prove useful along with the test results (if the diagnostic tool is capable of detecting the drive). It's also recommended that you test the drive with its manufacturer's diagnostic tool. Here you can find both brand related and 3rd party diagnostic tools: https://www.lifewire.com/free-hard-drive-testing-programs-2626183.

Having in mind the drive is still not recognized by the OS when connected to a different computer, it could really mean that it has failed, but let's wait for the test results first.

Unfortunately if the HDD is out of warranty, there's no other way around it, you'll have to get a new one if this one is no good.

Solution