[SOLVED] No dispay from graphics card

Apr 4, 2020
I bought a graphics card to slightly upgrade my old pc but i cant get it to display any thing to install the drivers.
The setup is a dell inspiron 518 3.0ghz core 2 quad with 8gbs of ram and the original graphics card is the radeon 3450 the psu is upgraded to a 550w.
Trying to install a geforce gt 520 .
It had on board graphics but i updated the os from vista to 10 and now it won't show thst it even has the onboard graphics.

Solution
Too bad the only driver that's missing under Windows 10 is the one for integrated graphics, the very one you need to be working in order to do anything further. I don't know how to fix that conundrum short of reverting to Windows Vista.
Apr 4, 2020
Sorry to inform you that Windows 10 is not supported on the Inspiron 518 (no Win 10 drivers):

You'll likely have several device errors in Device Manager because of missing drivers.

win 10 has the radeon 3450 drivers and nvidia has the gt520 drivers for win 10 .
i just cant install the gt520 drivers because it needs to be installed first but i have no display output when i install it . i have all the drivers for every device except the onboard graphics of which i cant find anywhere it doesnt even show in device manager

Apr 4, 2020
yea its kind of ridiculous . you would think that would be a normal driver that comes with the rest of the drivers on win 10 but oh well i guess ill have to buy another motherboard lol . Thanks for your help

Apr 4, 2020
Too bad the only driver that's missing under Windows 10 is the one for integrated graphics, the very one you need to be working in order to do anything further. I don't know how to fix that conundrum short of reverting to Windows Vista.
just figured i would give you an update that i found another pc for cheap that works great . its an old alienware Aurora with and 930 i7 cpu geforce 1660 and 16gb of ram

TRENDING THREADS