Question No display after a few minutes

Adrian324

Prominent
Jul 17, 2017
I recently have a problem with my Gtx1050ti after i turn on my computer, after a few minutes my monitor suddenly goes black with no signal message being displayed so i shut it down pull the plug and wait for a few minutes to plugged it again then the same process repeat. So i cant use my 1050 and using on board video right now. What do you think is the problem? I kinda need ur help

Reactions: merko1
Mar 19, 2019
Make sure that:

• Your PSU can handle the power consumption
  • The card is installed correctly, so in your case only in the PCI-E slot because i don't think the 1050ti has a seperate power connector (making the previous issue less likely anyway)
  • The GPU's fan is turning, and the card is not overheating, together with any of the other PC components. Check this with software.

If the problem persists, you can always contact me, but right now i can't think of much else you can try.

Hope i helped at all,
Martijn Oosterhuis

Adrian324

Prominent
Jul 17, 2017
Make sure that:

• Your PSU can handle the power consumption
  • The card is installed correctly, so in your case only in the PCI-E slot because i don't think the 1050ti has a seperate power connector (making the previous issue less likely anyway)
  • The GPU's fan is turning, and the card is not overheating, together with any of the other PC components. Check this with software.
If the problem persists, you can always contact me, but right now i can't think of much else you can try.

Hope i helped at all,
Martijn Oosterhuis
After doing that i still suffer from the same problem :( do you think its gpu related?

Mar 19, 2019
After doing that i still suffer from the same problem :( do you think its gpu related?

I kinda thought gpu from the beginning, because the display is handled by the gpu.
Is it the display output that goes black or does the entire pc freeze/shutdown (you can try pressing num lock and see if the keyboard light responds)

Adrian324

Prominent
Jul 17, 2017
I kinda thought gpu from the beginning, because the display is handled by the gpu.
Is it the display output that goes black or does the entire pc freeze/shutdown (you can try pressing num lock and see if the keyboard light responds)
Only the display keyboard has lights.

Nov 15, 2021
I recently have a problem with my Gtx1050ti after i turn on my computer, after a few minutes my monitor suddenly goes black with no signal message being displayed so i shut it down pull the plug and wait for a few minutes to plugged it again then the same process repeat. So i cant use my 1050 and using on board video right now. What do you think is the problem? I kinda need ur help

im having a same problem, any update in yours? what did you did