Question No display after adding new stick of ram

mladjan2018

Prominent
Feb 19, 2018
Hello, i have really weird problem.
I know there are other people with almost same problem but they didnt get answers. Thats why i am posting this thread.
So, i ve had this specs for a good amount of time (1 year) and I decided that its time for upgrade.
CPU: A8 9600 AMD
MOB: ASUS A320M K
RAM: CRUCIAL CL17 4GB 2400MHz
PSU: CHIEFTEC EL. SERIES 600W
So i bought another (same) stick of ram. I opened case, mounted new stick of ram and...
Black screen.
There is no display after pc is turned on.
Fans are spinning but there is nothing on display.
So after checking forums and joining few discord groups, most people suggested resetting cmos.
And so I did that altough process is diffrent on every motherboard but i did the classic reset (i guess that they call it like that).
I pluged off psu cable from the power, removed cmos battery, hold power on front panel of the case for 10 seconds, and i put cmos battery back on mobo after 10 minutes. But
Nothing, black screen.
I am really confused and, not gonna lie, scared. Please help me if you can somehow.

Sagar_20

Distinguished
Hold down the power key for 10 sec and let the system shut down.

Now clean both the RAM slots and reseat the RAM and turn on your desktop.

If still no display, reset the CMOS battery.

Try connecting it to a TV using HDMI cable.

"another (same) stick of ram"

Such combinations have no guarantee to be compatible together. You are free to do your own compatibility testing with no guarantees.

You might consider buying memory in kits as memory is guaranteed in the form sold. Have you tried running the new memory by itself without the old existing memory?

mladjan2018

Prominent
Feb 19, 2018
"another (same) stick of ram"

Such combinations have no guarantee to be compatible together. You are free to do your own compatibility testing with no guarantees.

You might consider buying memory in kits as memory is guaranteed in the form sold. Have you tried running the new memory by itself without the old existing memory?
Look at my last reply