Question No display after BIOS change

Dec 26, 2022
So I had issues with Secure Boot on Win 11.
Went into the BIOS to check and it was enabled but not active, followed a guide to get it working and when I exited the BIOS my PC wouldn't display.
Removed the battery, tried clearing CMOS and even tried Q Flash Plus for a BIOS update but nothing happens with that, the LED indicator for Q Flash doesn't come on. USB is configured correctly but it fails to even start the process.
Tried integrated graphics and my 2070.

I know it's not the PSU as it runs in my other PC.

i5-13600K
Gigabyte Z790 Gaming X
Kingston Fury 2x16Gb

I'm guessing the BIOS got corrupted during the save and the whole board is dead, but before I take action would appreciate some input
Thanks

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Did you rename bios file to GIGABYTE.bin

Try that if you didn't. Make sure the file is unzipped and put on usb (fat32 formatted) root directory (no folders).

Use usb slot that has bios written next to it. Power off and hold button down for a few seconds. It'll start flashing. Leave it like this for five minutes or so. If that doesn't work try holding flash button a second after powering on.

Dec 26, 2022
Did you rename bios file to GIGABYTE.bin

Try that if you didn't. Make sure the file is unzipped and put on usb (fat32 formatted) root directory (no folders).

Use usb slot that has bios written next to it. Power off and hold button down for a few seconds. It'll start flashing. Leave it like this for five minutes or so. If that doesn't work try holding flash button a second after powering on.

Yea I've tried all that. That's what makes me think the board is dead

Gigabyte board doing it again, eh. Enabling Secure Boot on them is almost like a death game sometimes. Still, after resetting CMOS you usually get video from integrated GPU. Are you positive you reset CMOS correctly? Also, did you remove your GPU before trying integrated? Tried both DP and HDMI outputs on mobo?

Dec 26, 2022
Gigabyte board doing it again, eh. Enabling Secure Boot on them is almost like a death game sometimes. Still, after resetting CMOS you usually get video from integrated GPU. Are you positive you reset CMOS correctly? Also, did you remove your GPU before trying integrated? Tried both DP and HDMI outputs on mobo?
Yup. Shorted the pins marked clr_cmos and also left the battery out for an hour. Also tried both ports.