[SOLVED] No display after bios screen

TheLonelyShrub

Honorable
Apr 14, 2015
I went to turn on my computer this morning, but instead of booting up it just went to a blank screen. I can still get into a adjust things in the bios but it won't boot up windows afterwards. I've tried resetting the bios, removing the gpu to run on the integrated graphics and I've also tried starting in safe mode. However, every time its the same result, it gets past the initial post and when it would usually start to boot windows the display goes black (it doesn't say no output detected, its just a black screen). I don't know what could be the problem could be, I figured next I'll try to boot windows from a usb. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

CPU: Intel - Core i9-9900K
CPU Cooler: NZXT - Kraken X62 Rev 2
MOBO: Gigabyte - Z390 AORUS ULTRA ATX
RAM: Team T-Force Delta RGB 32 GB
GPU: Gigabyte AORUS EXTREME 1080ti
PSU: Corsair AX1000 Titanium

Solution
Thanks for your reply, I've cleared the CMOS and ran the test and there were 0 errors detected. I have four sticks of TF2D216G3200HC16CDC01

I checked and TF2D416G3200HC16CDC01 as you listed are a (2x8) 16GB kit so you are mixing two kits of 16GB.
Mixing kits is never a good idea even with the exact same P/N so you may well have a mismatch.

Just have one matched kit to test at SPD values as stated below.

Team T-force Do Not have: " TF2D416G3200HC16CDC01" listed on the Motherboard QVL so they are untested.
This is not to say they will not work however you will have to enter SPD (Serial Presence Detect) values manually.

You should update your Bios as your kit may be a recent release.

Your RAM have CAS Latency 16 with primary...
Hi TheLonelyShrub :) So assuming all cabling and connections to the monitor are OK

First thing to do is clear your CMOS and bring Bios back to default. Then test your RAM using Memtest86 to eliminate the possibility of a failing module or memory errors.
List the RAM P/N?

TheLonelyShrub

Honorable
Apr 14, 2015
Hi TheLonelyShrub :) So assuming all cabling and connections to the monitor are OK

First thing to do is clear your CMOS and bring Bios back to default. Then test your RAM using Memtest86 to eliminate the possibility of a failing module or memory errors.
List the RAM P/N?

Thanks for your reply, I've cleared the CMOS and ran the test and there were 0 errors detected. I have four sticks of TF2D416G3200HC16CDC01

Thanks for your reply, I've cleared the CMOS and ran the test and there were 0 errors detected. I have four sticks of TF2D216G3200HC16CDC01

I checked and TF2D416G3200HC16CDC01 as you listed are a (2x8) 16GB kit so you are mixing two kits of 16GB.
Mixing kits is never a good idea even with the exact same P/N so you may well have a mismatch.

Just have one matched kit to test at SPD values as stated below.

Team T-force Do Not have: " TF2D416G3200HC16CDC01" listed on the Motherboard QVL so they are untested.
This is not to say they will not work however you will have to enter SPD (Serial Presence Detect) values manually.

You should update your Bios as your kit may be a recent release.

Your RAM have CAS Latency 16 with primary timings :16-18-18-38, and DRAM Voltage 1.35V,
Change RAM frequency to 3200MHz Save and Exit bios.

If the system fails to boot with those settings then report back.

Solution