[SOLVED] No display after bios splash screen ?

AlexsvonMüller

Reputable
Feb 25, 2020
Long story short, I temporarily swap back to my gt 630 because my buyer want the gpu-z screenshot. When done I swap back to my current hd 7750 but now there's no display after the BIOS splash screen ?

List of things i've done:

Reflash bios,
reinstall windows,
swap back again (for this is it end up with black screen and typing dash for an hour),
remove cmos battery,
try another vga cable,
re-seat everything except the power supply,

that's all, none of them have fixed the display problem. Any solution?

Solution
Try using onboard and set in bios to force PCIe GPU instead of intergrated.
I had a lot of issue trying to boot with your type of motherboard (Which i had built pc for my friend, same one) to make GPU display (because on my end I tried upgrading ram but ram was defective), clearing CMOS in between with 1 ram stick, then other, different ram slot etc.

In the end removed GPU, took most compatible ram stick put it into 2nd slot cleared cmos, plugged VGA cable into motherboard (using intergrated), booted, saved bios configuration&exit, displayed no detected storage (cause i did not want to hard hard disk by powering&shutting down pc), turned off pc , plugged GPU and it finally displayed.

If it boots in bios without GPU, try first saving...
I had a lot of issue trying to boot with your type of motherboard (Which i had built pc for my friend, same one) to make GPU display (because on my end I tried upgrading ram but ram was defective), clearing CMOS in between with 1 ram stick, then other, different ram slot etc.

In the end removed GPU, took most compatible ram stick put it into 2nd slot cleared cmos, plugged VGA cable into motherboard (using intergrated), booted, saved bios configuration&exit, displayed no detected storage (cause i did not want to hard hard disk by powering&shutting down pc), turned off pc , plugged GPU and it finally displayed.

If it boots in bios without GPU, try first saving and shutting down, then plugging gpu and connecting monitor to GPU, if not try again and set primarly display to be PCIe slot (main GPU).

Also leave clearing CMOS should be done by clip on motherboard or as you might call it blue tab saying CLR_CMOS or similar (just moving it from position 1-2 to 2-3 and of course move it back to original position).

TL;DR
Sorry for this complete mess.

Solution

AlexsvonMüller

Reputable
Feb 25, 2020

If it boots in bios without GPU, try first saving and shutting down, then plugging gpu and connecting monitor to GPU, if not try again and set primarly display to be PCIe slot (main GPU).

Also leave clearing CMOS should be done by clip on motherboard or as you might call it blue tab saying CLR_CMOS or similar (just moving it from position 1-2 to 2-3 and of course move it back to original position).

TL;DR
Sorry for this complete mess.
Thanks for the reply but i manage to fix it myself, somehow replacing SATA cable for the SSD fix the problem. Also P5KPL/ EPU doesn't have onboard graphics, but hey maybe someone visit this page and saw your way-to-fix this problem.

Reactions: RememberThe5th