Question No display after BIOS update

Dreezey

Prominent
Dec 21, 2019
I attempted to update my BIOS from the GIGABYTE website. This update was from the F11 version to the new F32 version using the Q-flash method. I downloaded, unzipped the files, and extracted them to a formatted USB drive in order to flash the new BIOS version. However, after the BIOS update my computer does not display anything. The screen remains black and I am unable to access the BIOS menus. I have attempted to fix this issue myself with no success. These attempts consisted of:

-Removing the CMOS battery

-Clearing the CMOS battery

-Using the Q-flash plus method (twice) for BIOS versions F30/F11. For this method I disconnected every component except for the power supply's connections to the motherboard itself.

I am hoping that I did not do enough damage to the motherboard to make a replacement necessary. Is there any other options I could try in order to fix this issue?

Build
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
GPU: Sapphire AMD 5700 XT
Motherboard: GIGABYE X570 AORUS Elite
RAM: TridentZ neo (2x 8GB) DDR4 3600 MHz CL16-19-19-39 1.35 V
PSU: Corsair RM850 ATX (80 Plus Gold)
SSD: Samsung EVO 1 TB 2.5 inch SATA III internal
Case: NZXT H710 ATX midtower

Mike2009

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
Theres post on another forum (Linus tech tips)I found that might help you , Im not sure if its allowed but im gonna post that post link here and hope it helps you ((sorry mod if thats a violation just trying to help the op here)) Link to Post

if that dont work ,,, you need to rma

Dreezey

Prominent
Dec 21, 2019
Theres post on another forum (Linus tech tips)I found that might help you , Im not sure if its allowed but im gonna post that post link here and hope it helps you ((sorry mod if thats a violation just trying to help the op here)) Link to Post

if that dont work ,,, you need to rma

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried those steps again, however the issue has persisted. I will most likely try the RMA route now.

ssbaraskar99

Prominent
Oct 29, 2020
I attempted to update my BIOS from the GIGABYTE website. This update was from the F11 version to the new F32 version using the Q-flash method. I downloaded, unzipped the files, and extracted them to a formatted USB drive in order to flash the new BIOS version. However, after the BIOS update my computer does not display anything. The screen remains black and I am unable to access the BIOS menus. I have attempted to fix this issue myself with no success. These attempts consisted of:

-Removing the CMOS battery

-Clearing the CMOS battery

-Using the Q-flash plus method (twice) for BIOS versions F30/F11. For this method I disconnected every component except for the power supply's connections to the motherboard itself.

I am hoping that I did not do enough damage to the motherboard to make a replacement necessary. Is there any other options I could try in order to fix this issue?

Build
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
GPU: Sapphire AMD 5700 XT
Motherboard: GIGABYE X570 AORUS Elite
RAM: TridentZ neo (2x 8GB) DDR4 3600 MHz CL16-19-19-39 1.35 V
PSU: Corsair RM850 ATX (80 Plus Gold)
SSD: Samsung EVO 1 TB 2.5 inch SATA III internal
Case: NZXT H710 ATX midtower

Did you tried connecting monitor to different video ports ?

Does keyboard Numlock light is On, does turns OFF if you press NumLock key ?

Does Mouse has its light ON?