[SOLVED] No display after booting

Nov 27, 2019
So I have an interesting problem that just started to happen. I shutdown my computer two days ago and then booted up today and there is no display. Not a black screen, literally no display. I checked my monitors and they are working properly. When the power comes on, all of the fans (case, GPU and PSU) turn on correctly as well as the case lights. With headphones plugged in I can hear the windows lock screen and my key board and mouse are working. I can even use my keyboard to "navigate" though so far I really have only logged in, and then used hotkeys to shut down (Wind + D, Alt +F4, Enter). I built my computer several months ago and this is the first problem I have experienced. The computer has not moved since it was last working.

Things I have tried:
  1. Reseeded my RAM
  2. Cleared my CMOS by removing the battery on the motherboard
  3. Reseeded my GPU
  4. Unplugged all peripherals

My Build:
  • CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
  • Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 Gaming X
  • RAM: Crucial 16GB (8x2) DDR4-3600
  • GPU: MSI GTX1660TI Ventus XS 6G
  • PSU: Corsair RMX750X 80+ Gold

Thanks in advance for any help!

Solution
As Charisma stated, your build does not support onboard graphics. Your GTX1660 processor
does not have an Integrated Graphics Processor, and your X570 Motherboard only states that it
is capable of supporting onboard graphics with IGPU processors. The mobo does not have
integrated graphics, that's the processor's job (for your build).

Look on Mem express page for your processor:
https://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX77406
Note at bottom in "Specifications", the Graphics says "None"

That being said, have you tried steating your Video Card on the alternative PCI slot?
It's possible that the one PCIe slot went faulty.
Nov 27, 2019
This has happened to me a few days ago, Try hitting the RAM with an eraser. Like take an clean eraser and rub the RAM threads with the eraser on both sides and try booting up again
I really don't think its the RAM. I can hear my computer booting, along with all of the usual sounds from windows, and using hotkeys I can shutdown and restart my computer from my keyboard. Just nothing on display.

Nov 27, 2019
I reseeded my GPU once, and when it was out I connected directly to my onboard graphics. Same issue, boots just fine and everything can be controlled but no display.

Nov 27, 2019
Okay, so I completely removed my GPU and both sticks of RAM before turning on my computer again. As expected Nothing happened, BUT I also didn't hear any beep codes so I guess my mobo doesn't have a speaker on it. I ordered one from amazon and it will hopefully be here in a few days.

Then I reinstalled the RAM and cleared the CMOS once again booted up again (still plugged directly into the mobo display with no GPU). I'm right back to were I started, IE no display but my keyboard/mouse are working and I can hear the proper windows sounds through some headphones.

The only thing I can think of at this point is that my RAM or mobo has failed. I will update in a couple of days when I get the mobo speaker and do some testing.

I guess one last question for anyone reading through the thread, the only thing I haven't directly tested is my PSU. I dont think I would hear windows loading if it was bad, but if anyone knows additional information about that please let me know.

Dwin1992

Prominent
Nov 23, 2019
As Charisma stated, your build does not support onboard graphics. Your GTX1660 processor
does not have an Integrated Graphics Processor, and your X570 Motherboard only states that it
is capable of supporting onboard graphics with IGPU processors. The mobo does not have
integrated graphics, that's the processor's job (for your build).

Look on Mem express page for your processor:
https://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX77406
Note at bottom in "Specifications", the Graphics says "None"

That being said, have you tried steating your Video Card on the alternative PCI slot?
It's possible that the one PCIe slot went faulty.

Solution

Dwin1992

Prominent
Nov 23, 2019
Also, don't forget to try this post =

Nov 27, 2019
Also, don't forget to try this post =
That was a great read thanks for posting!

Unfortunately I think I have tried everything on there except breadboarding my pc and pulling the PSU to test it. Once I receive my mobo speaker I'll see if that gives any codes or indication and then continue on the list.