Question No display after building new pc

Apr 22, 2019
I recently bought new pc components and I managed to build it together(not my first rodeo). But unfortunately when adding cpu,psu, etc carefully and everything else, I still managed to get "no display" when connecting display port and hdmi port to displays(samsung syncmaster ta350 and rog swift pg248q).

First I was suspicious about gpu - double checked - fans are working and lights are on. Power is going in.

2nd checked cpu socket - pins are fine and cpu has been placed correctly.

3rd psu lines are going to atx,cpu pwr1 & pwr2.

4th tried comos removal and bios reset - no work.

Googled for common issues - people suggest reading led display code warning. Unfortunately my led shows a number, I barely understand. Like 9 without last piece(attached a picture). Also, I hear no peeping noise when removing rams(for troubleshooting).

I can confirm that removing components one by one didn't affect anything(previously tried it out).

PC specs:
CPU: i7-9700k
Cpu cooler: corsair hydro series h110i
GPU: msi rtx 2070
Mobo: msi z390 ace
RAM: g.skill trident rgb 2x8(16gb)
PSU: corsair hx1000i

This is my first thread so if there is anything to add, please let me know.

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
you need a speaker connected to the motherboard to get diagnostic beeps as outlined here in step 17
if your feeling creative you can try to make one

canned diagnostic speaker rant: speaker making 101
The diagnostic speaker is the motherboards main diagnostic feedback device.
the motherboard may be telling you where the problem is.
my speakers have this plug
http://images.crutchfieldonline.com/graphics/infolib/homelib/hSpeakerSpringClip.jpg
I use lamp wire but any stranded wire will do. literally any stranded wires. strip one end like so
http://www.antiquelampco.com/Shades/CordColors.jpg
attach the stripped end into the speaker spring clips on the speaker.
the other end of the wire should be trimmed like so the semi strip
https://wesbellwireandcable.com/images/cutwire.png
by doing a semi strip the wire case is now the socket.
plug one wire to the first pin, and the second onto the fourth pin.
power on the system and listen for beeps
end canned rant

a motherboard that does not beep when no RAM is installed is either no speaker connected or is dead. connect a speaker to verify the board is alive.

Apr 22, 2019
Hi there again,

Managed to try out with the speaker - no sound. I removed all RAMs and there was no peeping.
Controlled the speaker pins as well, all fine.

So I guess mobo is with defect? It's hard to believe because it's brand new. Though I have to say, those led indicators(what show error code)
are not showing normal numbers.

Recommendations of motherboards? Msi is off the list. :)

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
I personally have been using the same Asus motherboard for 9 years, and I got it refurbished.
ASRock has impressed me with their creativity in the past and I do like their prices.

MSI was my go to board maker many years ago, I have not used any of their parts in years, same for Biostar and Gigabyte. my hands experience on with these brands is from long ago.