Question No display after Clearing bios

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 18, 2023
Main issue is no display showing, cant get bios up. nothing.

Ive reseated my ram, i clear CMOS twice and am at a loss.

Build:
ASUS Prime Z790-P
Intel Core i9-13900KF
radeon 60950XT
Trident Z ram

back story if it helps: The pc had been working fine for months prior to this issue. i recently ran Revo Unistaller on a few games and changed my hardware id for a few things, a suspicion of mine is could be something with i changed the hardware ID to a usb device that i had used to install windows on and i dont remember if i ever moved the files, i did try to re install the media creation tool for windows but i still cant get to post or anything. i restarted the system and just never came back up. i treid reseating the ram, i popped out the CMOS twice after draining the power with the power button i waited 5 minutes both times. please help :)

Ralston18

Titan
This:

"changed my hardware id for a few things"

What exactly did you change and how did you implement the change? Registry edits?

= = = =

Refer to the motherboard's User Guide/Manual for the proper way to clear CMOS.

Also, just as a matter of elimination, install a new CMOS battery.

May 18, 2023
This:

"changed my hardware id for a few things"

What exactly did you change and how did you implement the change? Registry edits?

= = = =

Refer to the motherboard's User Guide/Manual for the proper way to clear CMOS.

Also, just as a matter of elimination, install a new CMOS battery.
I wont be able to change the cmos battery till later but i have another pc i can use to try troubleshooting. I used a software ive used before i forget the name. Its like Hard Disk Serial Number Changer and DMIEdit.exe and changed the serial numbers

Ralston18

Titan
As I understand it DMIEdit is used by gamers who got HWID banned.

For the most part, the DMIEdit "solution" is probably no longer a viable way to work around such bans.

Plus, Forum rules prohibit assistance with hacks, by-passing security, or other work arounds etc. to cheat and break game forum rules.

No way from this end to know the full truth of the matter and what is really going on here.

However, changing serial numbers etc. rarely has any legitimate purposes.

Closing thread accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.