[SOLVED] No display after computer rebuild

May 16, 2020
So, I just finished rebuilding my computer and now I have a problem with the display.

First of, my parts are:
an ASUS Prime A320M-K Motherboard
An AMD Ryzen 3 1200 CPU (with cooler)
An MSI Armor RX 570 OC 4GB GPU
And 8 GB of DDR4 ram running 2666 MHz.

My problem is that my monitor works fine, and powers up when not connected to my PC (staying on the self test feature check),
But when I plug it into the motherboard, or the graphics card (using a VGA to HDMI adapter), it won't power on. I press the power button on the monitor, and the LED flashes green (on) for a fraction of a second, then goes to standby mode.

Can I please get some help with this. It has been frustrating me for three days now.

Thanks.

Solution
First off, your Ryzen doesn't have integrated graphics so you won't get a signal from the motherboard ports anyway.

Secondly, that VGA-to-HDMI adapter you're using needs to be an "active" one so it can convert digital-only HDMI to analog VGA. If adapter is non-active it won't be able to convert the signal.
First off, your Ryzen doesn't have integrated graphics so you won't get a signal from the motherboard ports anyway.

Secondly, that VGA-to-HDMI adapter you're using needs to be an "active" one so it can convert digital-only HDMI to analog VGA. If adapter is non-active it won't be able to convert the signal.

Solution