[SOLVED] No display after corrupted image and hang.

invinci

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2011
PC was already abruptly restarting from last couple of days but today it showed me corrupted display while browsing and got hanged. I shut down the pc and after that PC not showing any display.
h706g8U.jpg

I am running PC on Onboard Display. I tried with external GFX card. Same issue.

RAM is working fine. Didn't found any error during Memory diagnostic.

Initially I thought it might be my power supply but I bought new one and it showed same symptoms.

PC starts and Fans are spinning but no display or input units. Did my motherboard failed?

invinci

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2011
Spec:
i5 3450
Asus H61 motherboard
8GB Corsair
Corsair CX430
R7 250 GFX

When I first encountered random restart issue I thought it might be my GPU, so I removed it and used igpu but faced the same error. I tried clearing CMOS and RAM but didn't worked.

Ran memory diagnostic and it didn't found any error in memory.

So I narrowed down to PSU and Motherboard.

I bought new psu and faced same random restart problem with no display. It would only show display after unplugging main cable completely and switch on after some time.

But today, I got this corrupted screen and afterwards computer not showing any display even after unplugging main cable for some time.

invinci

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2011
try replace the motherboard

Chipset is very old, so I have decided to upgrade my PC as it doesn't have SATA3 and USB 3.0.

I just have one more query. I have 120GB SSD in which Windows10 is installed. I would be buying 480GB M.2 SSD(Samsung 860 Evo V-Nand/ WD Blue) as well. So if I am installing Windows10 in new M.2 SSD, would I be able to activate my copy of Windows10 which is already linked to my MS account?

Thanks for replying.

Last edited: