[SOLVED] No Display After Crash

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

diveshsehgal11

Reputable
Jun 15, 2018
My Sapphire rx580 pulse came back from RMA yesterday and today While Playing AC Odyssey since 6 hours I encountered a black screen crash so I Thought I'd Restart my pc , After The Shut Down when I Turned it on There was no display error , Just Check Signal Cable error .

I installed the latest GPU Drivers Beforehand , I Used my old gt710 and it worked , I Rebooted the rx580 in safe mode and still no luck , I tried assembling the whole pc again but still no luck with RX580 . Now I'm using the gt710 again , As my GPU Just came back from RMA I'm Not sure this time its the GPU

Im using a single DDR3 8 gb ram Stick and GPU Fans , CPU Fan are spinning , Even the bios Screen Doesnt come up , Im using Hdmi but Also tried with DP

What Should I do now?

I'm currently using
Intel i5-3470
8gb DDR3 ram
Cooler master MWE 550W
Gt 710 ( Earlier rx580)
Gigabyte H61m-s motherboard

Last edited:
Solution
Old RAM is not faulty ....i have a side PC (for mining ....10x7) assembled in 2014 using 1600 DDR3 Corsair ....almost the same Gigabyte H81M-S1 mobo working fine ....why did you not check RAM @ friend's PC.

I got good PC life because I change my branded PSU (CORSAIR OR GIGABYTE) as soon as it gets out of warranty (3 years) ....and always opt 150 more watts for efficient (less electricity bills) and noiseless operation plus I am using APC back UPS (there is electric problems in our area).

Perform stress test like memtest86 to eliminate RAM buy installing it on your and then on friend's PC.
May be RAM will pass test on your friend's PC and not on your PC .....this can also help you to conclude that your RAM is ok and there...

diveshsehgal11

Reputable
Jun 15, 2018
Old RAM is not faulty ....i have a side PC (for mining ....10x7) assembled in 2014 using 1600 DDR3 Corsair ....almost the same Gigabyte H81M-S1 mobo working fine ....why did you not check RAM @ friend's PC.

I got good PC life because I change my branded PSU (CORSAIR OR GIGABYTE) as soon as it gets out of warranty (3 years) ....and always opt 150 more watts for efficient (less electricity bills) and noiseless operation plus I am using APC back UPS (there is electric problems in our area).

Perform stress test like memtest86 to eliminate RAM buy installing it on your and then on friend's PC.
May be RAM will pass test on your friend's PC and not on your PC .....this can also help you to conclude that your RAM is ok and there is some fault with your MOBO.
Well I can't Test My Ram on my Friend's PC as I Have a DDR3 Model and His Mobo Supports only DDR4 . I really Don't think Anything is wrong with ram , I'm using a Hyper X DDR3 8gb With a Lifetime Warranty upto 10 yrs . And if there was some Fault in ram I wouldn't be able to get display at all.

I installed the Gpu in my Friend's Pc and was Still getting Distorted Display , Tried Installing The Lateest drivers but the screen pc crashed and screen went black . Tried Installing in Safe Mode but some error Happened . So I sent the Gpu back to rma for the last time . I dont Know why he told me that GPu was fine as it clearly wasn't .

I think I Should Close the thread Now as i know its the motherboard at fault , I'll Upgrade my PC in January With a Better Processor and Motherboard and a DDR4 Ram Stick

Solution

TRENDING THREADS